General empeg videos

Posted by: robricc

General empeg videos - 24/10/2006 18:46

After updating my stash of empeg software with Mark's latest offerings, I came across a few videos featuring our favorite device that were sitting on my hard drive. I decided to stick them on Google Video since they weren't there already and may be hard to find. Maybe this thread can serve as a pointer to other videos that may be of interest.

Steve Hartman (CHiP) demos his new empeg Mk1 car player
TechTV's "Fresh Gear" highlights the empeg / Rio Car player
Empeg / Rio Car Mk2a "Dimmer Fix"
Posted by: Robotic

Re: General empeg videos - 25/10/2006 02:57

Quote:

TechTV's "Fresh Gear" highlights the empeg / Rio Car player

Wow- that was almost a slap in the face! "Highlight" isn't the word I'd use- more like "glosses over".
Sheesh! No respect!
EMPEG IS TEH ROXXOR!!
BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY PENGUIN OVERLORDS!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: General empeg videos - 25/10/2006 23:08

Bow before Robotic's most evil post count.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: General empeg videos - 25/10/2006 23:12

Quote:

THAT video sold me on the empeg. The visuals, the "8 seconds to music", the fuzzy steering wheel... instantly dispelled any doubts about hard drive based players.

If that clip was playing in movie theaters back in 1998 during the pre-show commercials, SonicBlue would be the common household name next to iPod.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: General empeg videos - 26/10/2006 00:58

Quote:
THAT video sold me on the empeg.

Yep me too. I believe there was a thread a while ago about how many people were sold on the empeg after seeing that video.

Does that dimmer fix correct the problem where the brightness is set to 100% but looks dimmer until I lower then raise it back up ?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: General empeg videos - 26/10/2006 08:40

Agreed. That video helped me decide as well. And, yes, the dimmer fix should take care of that.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: General empeg videos - 26/10/2006 11:16

Cool thanks.
Posted by: andym

Re: General empeg videos - 26/10/2006 19:58

Quote:
Quote:

Yep me too.

Me too!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: General empeg videos - 27/10/2006 20:05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep me too.

Me too!

I never saw the video until now. I knew it was the player for me from the feature spec alone.
Posted by: CHiP

Re: General empeg videos - 31/12/2006 01:14

Quote:

wow... I'm just getting around to visiting this site after a very long time. I can't believe it was almost 7 years ago that i made that video... lol. I still use the empeg every day! I've gone through 2 already, so this is my 3rd unit. I still have my 2nd one as a spare and the 1st one I sold a long time ago. ...Boy, that video brings back memories! Thanks for the post Rob!!

Thanks to everyone who posted and said it helped him or her to buy an empeg. It’s really nice to hear back from the bbs community.
Posted by: CHiP

Re: General empeg videos - 09/02/2015 16:29

i just went looking for this video... and once again, 8 years later, i can't believe its been like 15 years.

i can't find the video... i just went looking for it to show someone and to have a good laugh....

does anyone have the edited version they can send me or repost? i took a quick look and only have the source, un edited video, but not the edited version... at least, its not tagged for easy find.

Re: General empeg videos - 09/02/2015 16:43

It's on Youtube now, but contains some copyrighted music. So, it may or may not play depending on your locale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEeD_bmO72Q
Posted by: andy

Re: General empeg videos - 09/02/2015 16:55

Yes, blocked in the UK sadly.

Re: General empeg videos - 09/02/2015 18:54

Originally Posted By: andy
Yes, blocked in the UK sadly.

I found the source file and zipped it up:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5UpBSEndmSEejVmWjdwTWFWOVE&authuser=0
Posted by: ShadowMan

Re: General empeg videos - 15/09/2015 14:25

This video made up my mind when doing the original purchase.
Every time I hear the music from this video I think back to that day when I first watched the video. Thanks for that!!