paint colour for the facia/handle

Posted by: Boelle

paint colour for the facia/handle - 10/06/2008 19:38

does any know the correct colour for the facia and handle? i need to repaint my handle after mark has done repair on it
Posted by: tfabris

Re: paint colour for the facia/handle - 10/06/2008 21:01

I think the handle wasn't painted per se, rather, I think they did some kind of bonding process so that it wouldn't rub off after a few pulls. Perhaps something akin to anodizing or powder coating.

If you want to *paint* it, you're unlikely to be able to find the exact materials and color, so I say just do your best to match it with semigloss black.

Subtle shades of black and white are hard to get right anyway. My MK2 fascia doesn't exactly match the handle. They're different materials and I just accept that they're different shades of black and live with it.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: paint colour for the facia/handle - 11/06/2008 06:22

It's just anodised isn't it?
Posted by: tman

Re: paint colour for the facia/handle - 11/06/2008 07:19

The handle? I thought it was powder coated.
Posted by: Boelle

Re: paint colour for the facia/handle - 11/06/2008 08:18

crazy well what mark will try is to drill in the handle from the side and then use a 2mm tap and then lastly bolt the two things together again

what i then do is to cower the flush mounted screw with epoxy and then paint the thing to cower the screw and the small crack
Posted by: tfabris

Re: paint colour for the facia/handle - 11/06/2008 14:04

Originally Posted By: Shonky
It's just anodised isn't it?

Originally Posted By: tman
The handle? I thought it was powder coated.

Boys, boys! It can be all of that and more!

Ahem, sorry, I was channeling Joel Hodgson for a moment.

I think the Mk1 handle is anodized and the Mk2 handle is powder coated or something similar.