empeg tuner-module manual

Posted by: Hollywood Justin

empeg tuner-module manual - 14/01/2012 20:40

Can anyone point me to the PDF link for the original empeg tuner-module manual or scan and post it for me? I think it's just a single page. I swear I saw it recently either online or on paper but I can't find it now. Thanks guys.

Re: empeg tuner-module manual - 14/01/2012 20:58

And what is that dial with the numbers and letters for? It looks like a hexadecimal range from 0 to F.

Re: empeg tuner-module manual - 14/01/2012 21:13

Okay, I found the manual here thanks to Mark Lord:
http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/333145/Factory_tuner_manual

And I learned that the dial is a tuner-id selector in case you use your player in multiple cars and have it retain multiple settings but I don't know if this feature was ever implemented in any of the firmware releases or not so that's my question now. Does anyone know?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: empeg tuner-module manual - 14/01/2012 22:39

Hijack has some features that take advantage of the tuner-id selector. I don't know about the factory software. I don't think the factory software uses it, but I'm not certain.

Re: empeg tuner-module manual - 15/01/2012 00:33

That’s good to know. I have another question along these lines. The tuner has RDS & TA so what I’m wondering is: are there any features that will automatically switch to or notify about a preset station that is broadcasting a traffic announcement at that moment?
Posted by: mlord

Re: empeg tuner-module manual - 15/01/2012 03:02

No.