How Many Riocar/Empeg's do you think have been thrown in the garbage?

Posted by: JeepBastard

How Many Riocar/Empeg's do you think have been thrown in the garbage? - 05/11/2013 21:54

Over this long period of the Riocar/Empeg in existence ( i still have a beat up mark 1!) How many of the (4000 empegs?) empegs that have been manufactured and released to the wild have been *sniff* thrown unceremoniously into the trash?

feeling nostalgic as a i struggle to keep mine alive.
Posted by: Redrum

Re: How Many Riocar/Empeg's do you think have been thrown in the garbage? - 06/11/2013 17:08

Probably not many people here tossed them out.

I wonder how many have failed, other than HD failures. Three out four of my MKII's still work.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: How Many Riocar/Empeg's do you think have been thrown in the garbage? - 07/11/2013 15:18

Originally Posted By: Redrum
Probably not many people here tossed them out.

I wonder how many have failed, other than HD failures. Three out four of my MKII's still work.

I only have one, and it's pretty flaky. I have the volume knob issue, and hard-drive problems (or the header issue), and I think I've lost one or more of the output channels again.

But otherwise, it keeps chugging along. One of these days, I'll pull it out of the dash, and try to figure it out. But it's such a low priority...
Posted by: Redrum

Re: How Many Riocar/Empeg's do you think have been thrown in the garbage? - 07/11/2013 18:24

I replace my main unit's volume control and just replaced the wife's. Much better. My garage empeg's volume never get's used, it seems fine.

Also one of the two factory tuners failed. The other factory and kit tuner is OK.