UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ?

Posted by: mardibloke

UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 07/06/2001 15:04

Was that a Neo in the car shown as the ultimate in in car technology - tonight 8:30pm ? Did anyone video it, and can get a better look ?

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341 2xDell RioReceiver
Posted by: beaker

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 07/06/2001 15:40

Yeah, I saw this too. Didn't video it though. When they started talking about the history of ICE I thought thay'd have to end up showing the Empeg/Rio car player. Imagine my horror when they didn't. btw I don't know what it was they did have in there. Whatever it was it couldn't have been as good as our little baby

beaker
12 gig blue/magenta/orange/yellow (at the moment :-))

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 07/06/2001 15:44

Pretty sure it was the NEO, such a shame not to get some Rio exposure. Wondered if someone had it on video, they could get the name of the company that did the install, then perhaps we could tell them other products do exist

- --
Posted by: Roger

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 08/06/2001 01:00

It's almost certainly on Hugo's TiVo, but we'll have to wait until he gets back from his latest jaunt to the US to check.

Yeah, I was disappointed that it wasn't an empeg, either. But, seeing as they didn't mention the name, all it's done is raise awareness of in-car MP3 in general, which has got to be a good thing.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg
Posted by: beaker

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 08/06/2001 07:55

True

beaker
12 gig blue/magenta/orange/yellow (at the moment :-))
Posted by: srhodes

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 08/06/2001 15:07

I may have it recorded. How far into the program is the section?

Steve - 18GB Mk II Amber

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 08/06/2001 18:38

Was the one of the last items in the 30minute show, say about 20mins into the show.

- --
Posted by: srhodes

Re: UK Top Gear TV Program - NEO ? - 09/06/2001 06:31

The piece was quite interesting. Loved the 45 single player from 1957. Was a bit disappointed at how they glossed over the latest ICE flagship. All that cool equipment was briefly mentioned. I bet most viewers didn't have a clue about half of it. Anyway, the MP3 player was a Traxdata which you can see here or my post on the subject.

Steve - 18GB Mk II Amber