IRC channel for Empeg

Posted by: tigloo

IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 06:37

Just to post this here again for the folks who are not reading the programming board:

On IRCNet, there's a channel #empeg. Currently, I am there most of the day, Smu was there for a few hours every day, and Frank van Gestel has been seen already, too.

Servers can be found at this unofficial list: http://irc.tu-ilmenau.de/all_servers/

So, if anybody is interested in Empeg-related talk, give it a try and join.

Till

Posted by: cwillenbrock

Re: IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 09:10

Perhaps somebody familiar with the network could help me figure out why it is I can't connect to it? I have no trouble getting connected to the few other IRC networks I am normally on, but I can't seem to connect to any of the servers on that page (no I didn't try *all* of them, but I don't have *that* much free time).

Is there something I should know about this network that is different from most others?

--Chris Willenbrock
MK2 | 12GB | Queue Registration # 2 (really!)
Posted by: Terminator

Re: IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 10:00

try

irc-1.stealth.net

Sean

Posted by: cwillenbrock

Re: IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 10:24

Tried...and failed. For some reason, I can't even get to it.

Some servers I can't get to at all...others tell me something about authorization failing or something. I'm using the pIRCh client, I'm in the US, behind a firewall (that doesn't seem to bother the other networks), trying the default port 6667, and currently listening to Nine Inch Nails from my empeg using Displayserver, if any of that is relevant ;)

--Chris Willenbrock
MK2 | 12GB | Queue Registration # 2 (really!)
Posted by: tigloo

Re: IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 10:48

Did you try irc.stealth.net as well? I found a very old list (1994) that also includes servers in various states of the USA, you can find it here: http://www.cul.net/ircservers.html

However, IRC servers sometimes tend to vanish or change names, so some of them will probably not work anymore.

Oh, and what I forgot: there used to be metaservers, try us.ircnet.org, maybe that will work. mIRC also has a list of IRC servers.

I cannot connect to any of these, but that might be because German hostmasks are completely banned by default. (there used to be messages for that but eventually they completely deny TCP/IP connections now)

Till

Edited by tigloo on 03/08/01 06:52 PM.

Posted by: chris_vd

Re: IRC channel for Empeg - 03/08/2001 11:16

You guys just need to pick a broader network to idle on. IRCNet is WAAAY to European-centric, and almost everyone from the states will have trouble connecting there.

Why not go with something a bit more worldwide like DalNet, EFNet, etc.