Search field criteria

Posted by: muzza

Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 00:28

What are the units of some of the search criteria?
specifically, what unit does duration use?

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 01:27

I put that one in the FAQ a couple of days ago. Jeez, don't you people ever check?

Note: The entry in the FAQ contains data from the time around a very old 1.1 alpha. It might not be fully correct. If anyone can give me more feedback on how accurate that entry is with 2.0b3 I would be grateful.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 03:09

I could not find answer to Murray's question in the FAQ. Anyway, duration seems to be in milliseconds.

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 10:13

I could not find answer to Murray's question in the FAQ.

Near the bottom of the "player operation" section. The heading refers to the advanced search box. Duration is in there.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 10:26

You are right again. I saw duration mentioned, but not (a few lines above) the part on time units. For duration the default unit (if none is given) is milliseconds, but now I know one could also use more 'normal' ones.

BTW, I now took some time to browse through the FAQ again. You really managed to improve on already excellent BBS version. Invaluable resource, indeed!

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 10:40

Thanks. :-)

I'll see if I can improve that one bit.
Posted by: muzza

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 13:56

Sorry Tony, I didn't look hard enough!

i'm off to self administer a dope slap
Posted by: rob

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 16:04

There's so much information in the FAQ now that I'm not sure the simple Q&A format is sufficient to find the information you need. I wonder if it would be possible to add search features to the software, to make it into more of a knowledgebase..

Rob

Re: Search field criteria - 04/11/2001 20:17

Drakino is aware that a search feature is sorely needed for the whole site (not just the FAQ).

Let's hope he's got some of that Copious Spare Time (tm)...