Any Request For Logos?

Posted by: justinlarsen

Any Request For Logos? - 03/01/2002 22:44

Well Im Pretty New To The Board, But Ive Been Hooked The Last Few Nights Making Logos Like Made, Anyone Have Any Request For some Logos, I Attached One, Its A JL AUDIO one, i have a ton more, ill make them person or what not. Just Post Them, Ill Fill ASAP
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 03/01/2002 23:23

Can you make one that has a Mitsubishi logo and the word "Spyder" in cursive? :-)

Calvin

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 03/01/2002 23:30

sure why the hell not.. give me a lil bit
Posted by: coolsi

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 00:01

I don't seem to have the knack...Take the (honda civic si logo) and add the word turbocharged underneath...in a cool looking font. Please..one more. "Team Vision" across the face with 'coolsi' underneath all in raceway font. Thank you very much.!!!!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 00:30

Do you have a turbocharged Civic si?

Calvin
Posted by: mcomb

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 00:34

Front of a jeep? I think there is already one on the logo site, but it did not look very good. Basically just...

o||||||||o

With the circles a little farther up than they probably look there.

-Mike

Posted by: drakino

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 00:35

Make sure to visit the logo site linked above and upload any you create. The site has definitly seen a huge influx of new logos lately.
Posted by: coolsi

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 00:40

I sure do. A '99 civic si turbocharged. Visit my team page at www.team-vision.org. Go to profiles....choose cliff. Its a daily driven show car.
Posted by: f_devocht

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 02:02

Well, If you can make some kind of a miata turbo logo or a nice mercedes logo, that would be great

Frank
Posted by: altman

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 06:17

Oooo. I'm trading my beetle in for a new Civic Type-R (the 200bhp one), hopefully before the end of this month...

Anyone in the UK want a 2000 New Beetle with pre-installed empeg, sub, etc? 21,000 miles, FSH, Techno blue with leather interior, AC, etc.

Looking at it another way, you can buy a tuner module from me and get a free car

Hugo
Posted by: ueberjeff

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 07:39

The JL Audio one was cool. If you could make me one for my VW Jetta that would rock!

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 07:49

I did a VW "Drivers Wanted" one that is on the logo site...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:23

Thanks, I downloaded the Drivers Wanted one. Now I'm just waiting for my player to get here so I can try it out. It finally shipped yesterday!

Jeff

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:26

While you are waiting, get all your ID3 tags in order... (see the FAQ at RioCar.org)... That will save you tons of time.

I just uploaded a bunch of logos, there are awaiting approval. 1. A few WRX logos, 2. An STi logo, 3. a Front 242 logo, 4. a VW Jetta logo (w. pic of car) and 5. a Pfeiffer Beer logo.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:44

Sweet! Thanks for the Jetta logo. I think most of my tags should be in order. I ripped most of my MP3's myself and was careful setting up the ID tags. My main problem is that most of my collection is ripped as WMA for my Nomad Jukebox. I'm now in the process of re ripping everything as an MP3 since the coversions tend to sound awful. I'm going to be busy this next week.....

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:48

Hugo,

It isn't my best work, but this will do till I can touch it up

Civic Type R logo

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:49

I heard that the final 2.x software will support WWA but it wasn't worth licensing the beta....

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 09:58

Any guess on when the final release will be out? I might not bother ripping everything to MP3 if it will be soon.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:02

pimp! thanks for all the request, ill have them done tonite, as im off to work right now. looks like i have about 6 logos, and yes ill be sure to upload them to the site too, im pending about 15 at the moment, later
Posted by: JoshMKiV

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:11

Perhaps a Supra logo in the Supra script? Much sexier than something for the Durango...

Posted by: LTJBukem

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:13

We can't do Animated Logo's can we ?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:24

LTJ

RioCar 20gb BLUE in MKIV Golf GTI Turbo

Any pics of your install? I'm about ready to install mine in my MKIV Jetta GLS. Also did you have to do any dash mods to complete the install?
Posted by: loren

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:29

Sweeeeet. Now i'm not the only one that will be labeled as having a "rice rocket" on this board. Your 99 Si is a shite load more suped up than mine. Check out the Si logo i did a long time ago... i've attatched it. You can just move up the Civic Si part and add what you want underneath.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:32

Sorry I don't have pics, maybe soon ...

If its the same dash as the MKIV, no dash mods are required

Mine is like 3 Din apertures.
1. Existing Radio/Cassette/CD Changer control with an Autoleads adapter piped into the Aux In on the Empeg.
2. Empeg
3. Climate.Controls

Amp / Subs installed in boot..

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:34

I heard that the final 2.x software will support WWA but it wasn't worth licensing the beta....

I do hope so too, does anybody know ?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 10:43

Thanks

Slightly jumping the gun though, as I don't have the car yet, let alone a stereo install date...

Of course, if a compressed logo format was worked out and put into the kernel, you could query the tuner module for the ID at boot time; you could then display the correct boot logo to suit the car that the empeg is plugged into

Hugo
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 11:28

I heard that the final 2.x software will support WWA but it wasn't worth licensing the beta...

That is an inaccurate description of the situation.

The end result is the same: The current beta has WMA disabled, and it will be re-enabled as soon as they can straighten out the details. However it has nothing to do with it being "worth licensing" or not.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 11:38

Any British Level 42 fans with a Level 42 boot logo to share? I'd ask my fellow Americans, but they would probably respond with "Level who?".

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 11:42

Hmm I could snap a picture here of the 42nd floor, would that do?

Doh!
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 11:57

What about the NSX? or are we going to be posh having two cars
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 12:26

Hey! I like Level 42 (but then again, I'm Canadian and first heard them in Germany ha ha)
Posted by: skritch

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 12:34

I actually modified the "Drivers wanted" logo, so that it says, "Driver found" when in the car.

Unfortunately, it seems all the logos on riocar.org are Windows bitmaps rather than LogoMaker binary files, or I'd upload the pair.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 12:54

Err, I have the miata too, but I've had that for 11 years and it's not really worth selling it... I'm paying lots of road tax and insurance, so I'm supporting the economy. No, really.

Hugo

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 13:00

Turbo miatas, NSX, I think we need a cool car thread... I'll donate dyno time to whoever gets voted coolest car.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 13:37

Unfortunately, it seems all the logos on riocar.org are Windows bitmaps rather than LogoMaker binary files, or I'd upload the pair.

Send them as separate logos and they'll show up side by side in the list. That's a cute idea (drivers wanted/driver found).

Remember that the logo editor imports and exports bitmaps. If you're using Internet Explorer, you can literally right-click on one of the logos at the site and hit "copy", then paste it into the logo editor.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 14:16

Any luck with the Spyder logo? :-D

Calvin
Posted by: number6

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 14:24

In reply to:

...put into the kernel, you could query the tuner module for the ID at boot time

Any comments/hints etc Hugo on what 'query' we need to send to the Tuner module to get this info from it?
Posted by: papinist

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 16:16

what about an Alfa Romeo 156 logo?
Don't know if you non-european guys know this car, it's italian... www.alfaromeo.it
Even only the Alfa Romeo logo should be cool!
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 19:19

Wow, I haven't seen anyone mention the name Level 42 in years. Wow.

Rest assured that the posters in here have a more diverse musical taste than you will find on many other message boards. Certainy a lot wider than you will find on any car audio message board where most of the people are into trying to move the bodily fluids of people in OTHER cars with their low-SQ 15" subs.

I'll start a music thread when things die down. But it would be easy to mention things that I doubt anyone else has uploaded to their units... For instance, how many people have any 25th of May tracks? Or "Full On: Mask Hysteria..." by Altern 8. And at the same time, "So Red The Rose" by Arcadia.

Bruno
Posted by: skritch

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 20:45

Know Italian cars? My mom used to drive a little Lancia Zagato.
Posted by: tmmatthews

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 20:56

An Audi Sport logo would be pretty cool...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 21:10

ok, here i go back from work filling in 12 Request, As Soon As Im Done With The first batch ill start another link of request. Heres The List of Batch One.
1. Mitsubishi logo and the word "Spyder" in cursive
2. honda civic si logo and add the word turbocharged underneath..
3."Team Vision" across the face with 'coolsi' underneath all in raceway font.
4. Front of a jeep
5. miata turbo logo or a nice mercedes logo
6. VW Jetta
7. Supra logo
8. rice rocket
9. Level 42 boot logo
10. NSX Logo
11. Alfa Romeo 156
12. Audi Sport logo
Posted by: scoco

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:28

My wife's wanting a Led Zeppelin logo for her new Rio Car.
Posted by: sendero

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:32

Any chance you could do a Boxster logo? I saw one with the name in Boxster script, but a side profile view of the boxster would be nice to have. Another one I'd like to make/have is a "Boxster S" logo in the boxster script.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:33

Any chance you could do a Boxster logo? I saw one with the name in Boxster script, but a side profile view of the boxster would be nice to have.

Lemme guess. You drive a Ford Pinto...

(Just kidding)
Posted by: otowneddie

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:37

Can you make a Nissan Maxima SE logo?

thanks

eddie
Posted by: meast

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:49

I actually have a couple Altern8 tracks on my PC (waiting to be loaded into my RioCar whenever it gets here!!) as well as some Acen and a bunch of XL Recordings stuff. I guess I'm just an old raver at heart...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 04/01/2002 22:57

Thanks Justin!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 02:38

You really should get the album, it's definitely worth it. DJ Nex did some breakbeat stuff after altern8 which was pretty good too - and the Euporia old-school compilation that came out a few months ago is mixed by him

Hugo

How about a winamp skin - 05/01/2002 03:45

Since there is alot of talented arty type folk here could someone please make up a skin for winamp featuring the empeg/riocar.

I use it alot on my pc for streaming MP3s from the empeg to the computer.

Re: How about a winamp skin - 05/01/2002 05:30

whoa thats a good idea... ill accully work on an empeg skin for winamp.. im a skinnner, and artist and all that jazz. once i finish project one, and get those last few request in that my new mission.. thanks for the idea

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 05:53

01 09 will ask the tuner for its id.

The reply should be:

01 09 xx (xx+09)

Where xx is the tuner ID and (xx+09) is the checksum. You need to do this after you have switched the screen on, as the tuner is powered from the amp remote line.

Hugo

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 06:02

Really? A Lancia Zagato in US.. cool!
For my curiosity, are there any Alfa Romeo cars in US?

Re: Any Request For Logos? ATTACHED LOGOGS - 05/01/2002 07:30

Here Are Most Of Batch One, I Have A Few More Logos That I Need To Put Some Working Into, Other Than That Here They Are, I Also Added A Bunch Of Suprize Logos, One Of Which Is At The Bottom Of The Post, The Rest Will Show Up In A Few Days Whhen They Get Approved. Hope These Worked Out They Way You Wanted Them, If You Want Me To Tweak Them At All Tell Me

And An Added Bonus

Re: Any Request For Logos? ATTACHED LOGOGS - 05/01/2002 08:02

Mmmmmm, Supra logo. Can't wait to until it gets warm so I can drive mine again. Damn winter!!!

Thanks!!!
Posted by: rscorer

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 11:35

Where is your dyno facility? My empeg is in my Ferrari 355 Spider... finally!

Re: Any Request For Logos? ATTACHED LOGOGS - 05/01/2002 11:53

Great Justin! The Alfa Romeo logo is perfect

Could you make this tweak for me: the number 1 5 6 spread from side to side (1 at left, 5 in the middle and 6 at right), wrote in 'bold' (in white insted of grey) with the grey Alfa Romeo logo in background...

Thanks!
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:15

My empeg is in my Ferrari 355 Spider... finally!

What took you so long?

So, now we have a guy whose vehicle develops ~110bhp per liter (F355), and another one with 3 (container ship). We do have some airplane installs, don't we?
Posted by: thenominous

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:26

There is a CRX logo which I knocked up really quickly, on the riocar.org site, if you fancy having a go at making it better?

B16 power, soon to be way more than 110bhp / litre
Posted by: blimey

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:30

My empeg is in my Ferrari 355 Spider... finally! What took you so long? Well, finding someone to do it for me mostly! Then, finding a space on their calendar that matched mine. They also installed a few other things, like an Alpine GPS, subwoofer, speakers, etc. (Changed my handle from rscorer to BLIMEY since that is my license plate!) Cheers, Richard

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:37

How's engine, road and wind noise in your beast? (BTW, glad to see you don't subscribe to 'engine noise is the only music I need' school of performance driving.)
Posted by: spider

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:40

how about a nissan one.. or more specifically a pathfinder one..
thanks

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 13:55

I Just Ordered A Dinan Stage 2 Supecharger Kit For My M3, Rated to Pump Out 352 Horsepower, Know to 1/4 miles times to be around 11sec. And Also known to cause accidents at fast speed.. Oops

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 14:00

Justin, not to be rude or anything...

I was hoping someone else would say this before I got around to it: Proper capitalization is your friend.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 14:03

Bonzi, I got so tired of all the Ferrari owners whining about "the engine is the only stereo you need" - bunch of ***** The cabin is actually well designed, so wind noise is not too much of a problem, unless I'm at Laguna Seca doing 120 - but then I've got a helmet on so don't hear it Road noise - well, you definitley hear and feel the road, but I like that. I don't like the modern sports cars which prevent you from feeling the road. I guess I'm old fashioned!! The engine is surprisingly quiet in the cabin - even with my Tubi exhaust in full mode. You have to be outside to appreciate the full engine noise, which I am thankful for! On long journeys, the engine was sometimes just at the annoying pitch for too long, so the stereo has helped in that regard! All in all, I am impressed with my little car, which has become almost a daily driver now. Except when the rain turns Californians into crazy drivers. Then I don't feel safe on the streets! Cheers, Richard

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 14:07

Ah, the Dinan. An impressive piece of engineering. Sometimes wish they did other cars besides BMW.

My only option would appear to be a twin turbo modification by Koenig - for the price of a small car!

Cheers,
Richard
Posted by: mcomb

Re: Any Request For Logos? ATTACHED LOGOGS - 05/01/2002 16:08

Sweet! Jeep logo looks great.

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 16:11

Haha funny tony, its kind of a habit i have of typing, i also tend to add a bunch of...... dunno why, i think its way too much time on AIM and ICQ as i do.... while i think of the next word, trust me i am well aware of it ill try and tone it down on the forum
Posted by: f_devocht

Re: Any Request For Logos? ATTACHED LOGOGS - 05/01/2002 16:51

Wow, Justin, these are great! You even made miata turbo AND a nice Mercedes logo!

thanks a bunch!
Frank
http://come.to/miata

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 17:09

The dyno is in PA, between Philly and Lancaster.

I have a F360 fund going now (used to be a 355 fund, the stock market made it look like a FORD F350 fund now, sigh). I think that if I ever get the thing, I'd just drive around listening to the engine, running under bridges like Doug at www.nsxfiles.com.

I'm not even sure I'll install one in the Supra, if I can find a place for an amp I guess I will... I only have two speakers in it until we build a new roll cage.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 18:00

Shame, I'd love to see my car on a dyno, but PA is a bit far from my house in San Jose, CA!

I understand what you're saying about the stock market and your 355 fund... I was hoping to find a 3 car garage with a house attached, but then the stock market decided to play silly games.

Sounds like you do some serious driving if you're adding a roll cage. I keep wondering if I should put one in my 355 for my lap days (of which there have been exactly 1 so far!)

Cheers,
Richard
Posted by: furtive

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 18:05

Any chance you could do one of this logo?

http://www.bookatrack.com/i/stick_lg.jpg

Cheers.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 18:08

Didn't you say you have a Spyder? I would surely want a bolt in cage at the least for track days. My Supra has a full cage, the Eclipse is getting a full cage as well. I don't do enough driving, but hopefully more in the future...

I wish I had more space at my house, just a rather small two car garage. Where the dyno is, we have room for... well, I don't want to make you feel bad =0 Those car-skate things are great, you can really pack cars in with those...

(All this crap is for the business I've helped my dad start as he gets ready to retire. He is a steamfitter, and after I had him make some turbo related parts, I thought he might have a go at making parts for others. Cages, custom plumbing for turbos and wastegates, etc)

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:05

My WRX gets over 110hp per liter too! (2.0L with 227hp) heehee Turbos count too

Looks like this influx of new members will have some good benefits! Someone to FINALLY get a Winamp skin.

My logos are up on the site. What do you guys think of my WRX one? Guys, don't forget to post the logos on the logo site and to than Tony for the awesome editor!! (thx Tony)

Oh and BTW, I'm not fortunate enough to own a Ferarri, but my father in law has a 328 GTS and there is no point in have a stereo in that thing. It is only for Sunday drives and just listening to the engine purrrrrrrrr is all I need. It is a low mile car, so if it was used for touring, I'm sure my opinion would change.
Posted by: Chao

Re: Any Request For Logos? *DELETED* - 05/01/2002 20:33

Post deleted by Chao
Posted by: 94cobra

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:34

I would like a Dr. Pepper logo. Maybe something with a clock and 10-2-4.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:35

Your attachments aren't working.... Did you paste a URL ?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:43

Yes, I accidentally did link the urls :|

Anyway, The pontiac logo with GTP supercharged under it would be nice...

Is there a specific icon-editing program for the Empeg? I wouldn't mind doing some of my own.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:44

and the other one to combine...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 20:52

Why yes there is! In fact, you need it to upload the logos to your empeg. IT is an aweeome little program. I use that and Paint (that comes with Windows software. You can even preview the logos in real size. I don't have a link for it, but you may want to do a search or check RioCar.org. You need it anyway!

With our logo count geting so high, can we categorize them into "auto" "music" "cartoons" etc.?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 21:07

With our logo count geting so high, can we categorize them into "auto" "music" "cartoons" etc.?

They already are. I suppose I can hack in a quick filter one of these days, and also add some more categories (since so many logos still fall into "Other")

Consider it bumped up on my priority list.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 21:11

Thanks Drakino! And thank you for offering the site too! I don't thnk you get enough credit for it sometimes!

I thought they WERE once organized, but since the format change months ago, who do I browse by category? (or did you just get done saying you plan on working on that?) [Brad, get to bed]

Brad
SE Sport Driver

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 23:13

http://www.geocities.com/infodell/fontsaut.html

For those making the logos from scratch...

free Honda/Ford/GM/Dodge ttf fonts

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 05/01/2002 23:47

Drakino. Ya thanks for the site, i am thinking about making a site similar to it, with some more stuff on it, and was curious if i could use alot of the infomation including the logos, other than my own, i would i have to get permission from others to do so, i was going to almost clone your site and add a few things into mine that i feel yours is lacking, or maybe help you with yours, if you wouldnt mind.. any input would be great.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 01:08

Here's my logo for myself...
I wish I could get more detail in.

I'll work on the Dr Pepper one...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 04:56

I had a car that could bet 110bhp/litre it had about 135bhp/litre which was great but it was only 0.996 litres. but that was in a car that was only 750Kg.

The good old diahatsu charade GTti

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 05:10

OK, OK, 355 has atmospheric engine (OTOH, the record holder at the other extreme, your big floating thing, doesn't )

Er, I assume that Charade's 135bhp/l were with a little help from a turbo, right?

Actually, now that I think about it, my 2CVs had almost 50bhp/l, and that was as far from high-performance engine as it gets....

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 05:27

Okay alot of help from a turbo it took up almost as much room as the engine. One nutter has managed to get over 230 out of it.

i have never worked out what you get per litre out of the big floaty things but i imagine it is pretty piss poor and that is with the help of a turbo or two. but as our american friends say there ain't no substitute for cubes. It just happens to be cubic yards in my case.

My next ship is going to be steam powered next time but the cargo is fun part this time. LNG liquified Natural Gas carried at about 186 centigrade below zero damn cold.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 06:32

The old sierra cosworths used to be tweaked madly - there were road legal ones with 650bhp from 2.0l. Ok, the engines didn't last long between rebuilds, but 325bhp/l on a road car is quite mad!

Hugo

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 07:58

My next ship is going to be steam powered next time but the cargo is fun part this time. LNG liquified Natural Gas carried at about 186 centigrade below zero damn cold.

Steam turbine, I guess? What does it use as fuel?

He, I allways imagine those huge round LNG tanks as having a fuse at the top, like cartoon bombs I don't think I would feel completely comfortable on such a ship...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 10:01

It depends we either run on the tarry stuff the others use or we take some of the gas out of the tanks. We use some of the gas normally anyway as it boils at that temperature which means we can keep it stable while on passage with no cooling plant.

Not all LNG ships have the big round bits (breast boats to me and a few others) alot of them have nice square tanks under the deck know as the trans gaz system where as the balls are called moss rosenburgh spheres.

I can see why you have the fuse image the gas expands roughly 600 times when going from gas to liquid and them when mixed with air in the right volume for an explosion it is expanded about another 600 times. So 1 cubic metre of gas gives you 360,000 cubic metres of explosive mixture and the biggest ships carry about 140,000 cubic metres of liquid gas. So you have a potential for disastor about the same size as a medium nuclear bomb.

LNG ships where banned from american waters for about 2 months after september 11th.
Posted by: bamboo

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 10:29

Could you do a VW logo with the Passat logo to the right of it?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 10:34

You don't have to fear you will run out of fuel...

So, thore reservoirs are actually huge Dewars ('thermoses') with evaporative cooling?

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 11:19

Some of you guys gotta try the logo editor... it is really simple. And you will need it to install the logos anyway.

With all respect, I vote against another logo site. I just don't want to have a dozen empeg/RioCar sites. I like the "one stop shopping" of this board (or RioCar.org).

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 11:44

Err, yes, I agree on both accounts.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 06/01/2002 11:52

Yeah, one has to take F355 claim with a grain of salt ('atmospheric, production, not tweaked...')...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 11:40

sounds like you should charge for logos!

Calvin

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 12:05

I wish we could count hits or downloads so I'd know if anyone is actually using any of the logos we're making!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 12:28

I do have complete web stats that I will have to run sometime, but unfortunatly they won't give you an accurate answer. Some people may actually hit the download link, where as others may just copy the gif used to display the logos on the site.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 12:31

Yes, I have a spider - and would put a roll cage in, except the car is #94 of 100 built. Yes, it's a special edition, so I'm not sure that a roll cage would be a good addition.

The stereo I installed is removable in case I ever need to sell the car, but a removable roll cage just doesn't sound too secure to me...

Decisions, decisions!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 12:33

Oh and BTW, I'm not fortunate enough to own a Ferarri, but my father in law has a 328 GTS and there is no point in have a stereo in that thing. It is only for Sunday drives and just listening to the engine purrrrrrrrr is all I need. It is a low mile car, so if it was used for touring, I'm sure my opinion would change. Yes, mine is a daily driver, and so the stereo is a must! There are many times when I don't switch the stereo on, but when I want tunes, I am so glad it's there! Cheers, Richard

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 13:48

Ah, another Spyder in San Jose? Where abouts? Want to get together?

Calvin

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 13:48

What do you mean #94 of 100? Is it a one of the limited colors?

You don't have a rare purple spyder do you?

Calvin
Posted by: corey

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 14:27

How about a logo for a 1987 GMC Caballero. That's what mine is going in, assuming I actually get a unit...:)

Thanks,
corey
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 16:07

Haha funny tony, its kind of a habit i have of typing, i also tend to add a bunch of...... dunno why, i think its way too much time on AIM and ICQ as i do.... while i think of the next word, trust me i am well aware of it ill try and tone it down on the forum

You know, you put me in mind of a fellow we haven't heard from in about a year: anybody besides me remember HighwayDrifter?

tanstaafl.
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 16:33

Oohhh, flashbacks!

Wasn't that a case of no/very rare capitalization/punctuation at all?

/Michael

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 16:56

Looks like the last time he was on based on his posts was around the time of the empeg merger with SonicBlue. (His profile is here.

There have definitly been quite a few people in and out of here over the years.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 07/01/2002 21:37

We haven't heard from God in awhile either...

(everyone like my new photo? )
Posted by: alaskan7

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 08/01/2002 15:17

I think I might be the winner in the hp/liter category, my 1.3L rotary makes 360 hp in my (modified) 93 RX-7...

I know, rotaries are rated differently than piston engines, but it's still cool to say.

I'd like to request an RX-7 logo if possible, I don't have any ideas but maybe "RX-7 Twin Turbo" or perhaps you could use this attached picture:

oops, didn't work, here's the url to my site instead http://home.gci.net/~bob/blackfd.gif

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 08/01/2002 15:20

Okay that definatly beats my charade with 135bhp/L but i still win with the most powerful at 26,000Bhp

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 08/01/2002 19:35

So you're in Anchorage? That makes three empeg owners in the state now -- a 50% increase! Have you talked with Tom Meyers ("Liufeng")? He has a Mark1 and a Mark2 in Anchorage.

tanstaafl.

Posted by: cshuttle43

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 09:38

How about one for Taurus SHO's?

Thanks a million!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 10:42

hey cool, you're in Fairbanks! Finally got some warmer weather up there eh, if 10-14 degrees could be called warmer... No I haven't talked to Tom yet, I found out about the empeg sale and this board from the vehicross forum. I'll probably do a road trip this spring or summer, a guy I met last summer just bought an RX-7 like mine and we're going to be tweaking it a bit like mine, so maybe if you don't mind I can check out your setup

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 19:29

so maybe if you don't mind I can check out your setup

If things go to plan, I am hoping to be in Wasilla with my SHOWagon on February 17 for the Iditasport bicycle race. Maybe we can get together then?

For those unfamiliar... Iditasport is the toughest mountain bike race in the world, 350 miles through ice and snow in temperatures as cold as 50 degrees below zero, checkpoints as much as 50--75 miles apart. Your bike breaks, you could die. Some have come close.

tanstaafl.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 20:02

Re: I think I might be the winner in the hp/liter category, my 1.3L rotary makes 360 hp in my (modified) 93 RX-7...

I might not be the winner here, but I bet I'm close =) Big turbos on Supra and Eclipse.

PS: Is your dog named Turbo? We named this farm dog that stops by the shop Turbo, and wanted to get three dogs:

Turbo, Turbette, and Wastegate

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 20:25

Ok Josh, where are you located? What shop?

Calvin
Spyder

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 21:32

Nissan Maxima logo would be great.
thanks
eddie

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 09/01/2002 23:54

Single turbo on the eclipse? T-66, T-78, T-88? If so I envy you, you'd be up in the 600+hp club. Yeah I named our dog Turbo, he's an Eskie - an American Eskimo

To keep this mildly on topic , any hopes for an RX-7 logo, I just downloaded the logo editor and might start messing around with it
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 10/01/2002 01:23

Your bike breaks, you could die. Some have come close.

Errr.... do me a favour Doug, make sure you don't, will you? This place would be a lot sadder if you left it...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 10/01/2002 09:08

Supra is set up for road racing, runs a 60-1 turbo, tuned for 500hp to the wheels. That is too much power for me though. That turbo could go maybe 550 to the wheels. No problem to crank the power by swapping turbos, but my skills are not up to it.

The Eclipse has a 20g, nothing special, but 11s in the 1/4 none the less. I'd like to run a 10 with the 20g someday, might happen too.

Shop is in PA.

As I don't have permissions to upload to the site. - 14/01/2002 23:28

Can somebody *please* upload the cool brain/supercharged logo here to the Riocar site? Thanks
Posted by: TreeRip

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 17/01/2002 13:08

Cool, another black FD RX7 owner!
FWIW, the stock 3rd gen RX7's beer keg sized 1.3L powerplant makes 196hp/liter. I'd still rather have the F355 spyder however.

I was trying to decide on some graphic ideas; I was fiddling around with the "peace, love, & tux" logo and was trying to add a rotor to it, but couldn't find a rotor image to copy at that time. I also was thinking about "No Rotor, No Motor". Any other ideas that you might have?

Cheers!
Dave
95 FD & 85 GSL-SE
Posted by: Chuck

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 19/01/2002 22:04

Could you try your hand at one for my show/race/play truck please? It's a limited edition S-10 Xtreme with a few 'modifications'. :-)

Attached are some graphics of the truck's emblem. Here's a look at the truck if you're curious:

http://users.ev1.net/~cpogue/xtreme_photos.htm

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 07:16

Ummm, SUPER cool truck. If you live near PA, come dyno it for free. Also, I think you need to strap on two small turbos, maybe something like twin T25s. Cheap, low boost, get you in to the 10s...

VERY COOL!!!

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 07:20

Whoops, I see you have an 8 second Mustang. That's enough force-feeding for you! =)
Posted by: Heather

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 09:34

If it wouldn't be too much trouble for you, I'd like one with a hello kitty on the left and my name, or one with the profile of a VW cabrio, that reads "driver found"
Posted by: Chuck

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 10:39

PA is quite a drive from Texas, but thanks for the offer! I did dyno it almost a year ago and it was 430HP at the rear wheels. You have no idea how close I've come to putting twin turbos on it... But then it's all downhill from there...

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 12:21

hey Dave, are you on the rx-7 forum too? Nice, a GSL-SE too

how about an old one from the rx-7 email list: "Pistons? We Don' Need No Stinkin Pistons!"

Chuck that S-10 is extremely cool, are there motor mounts/kits already made for engine swaps?
Posted by: TreeRip

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 14:03

Yeah, I'm on the RX-7 list, but I never have time to keep up with it. It makes traffic on this fourm look real light. Good Idea with the "Pistons? We Don't Need No Stinkin Pistons!" phrase. I have the old list's T-shirt with that phrase. I'll see if I can complete some rotor based logos this week.

Yeah, the 85 GSL-SE is the daily driver that I beat the piss out of. 140k miles and still going strong.

Cheers!
Posted by: antbankz

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 18:42

How about a good Nissan or Nissan Maxima logo? I haven't seen one of those yet.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 19:03

I've asked for the Nissan Maxima logo a few times...still waiting patiently.

eddie

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 19:28

ok all, im goign to go ahead and do round 2 tonite, so all request from before this point will be filled, got about 30 or so to do, hope everyone will be happy
Posted by: amaximow

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 21/01/2002 21:16

Hey man, could you possibly add a Dinan logo? Maybe combine the the BMW "M" lool with Dinan. Like this:
DINAN ///M

Check out www.dinanbmw.com, click on the following for some good logo graphics: gallery (bottom of page), emmisions, and search. Whenever you get to it, thanks!!
--Andrew

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 22/01/2002 12:57

You guys COULD check the Empeg Logos site (link at the top of this page). I uploaded a Maxima logo yesterday (I have a thread in the "Off Topic" Forum. I also uploaded a Red Wings and Chilly Willy logo as pre people's requests.
Posted by: Reggie

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 22/01/2002 21:02

Oh yes I do have a request: a Peugeot 307 logo. Yes I know, Peugeots are not available in USA, but if you do a little research you will find out it was named car of the year in Europe in 2001. As beautiful as can be, IMHO.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 22/01/2002 21:11

thanks for Maxima logo.
Posted by: jbauer

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 22/01/2002 21:24

Man, wish the 406 coupe was available in the US. I'd get one in a heartbeat. My friend has one in England, and man, that car rocks.

- Jon
Posted by: dano5050

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 22/01/2002 22:05

yo justin.... you da man... i've got a hankerin for a logo for
the empeg going in my 77 super scout...

http://members.aol.com/superscout4/sp7-24-6.jpg

in the upper right hand corner, the red lettering w/ the
"scout" is the best thing i can find so far...

it would be amazing if you could do a logo... i'm not that handy
w/ the paint programs....

[email protected]

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 23/01/2002 05:41

Your welcome on the Maxima logo.. Looking at it on the logo site, it doesnt look as good as it does on the actual player. I think the Nissan logo just needs to be touched up a bit. But the car itself was the hard part, so doing a little touch up with Tony's logo editor (which you'll need anyway to put the logo on the car) shouldn't be too hard.

EDIT: I just erased the Maxima logo from the logo site and uploaded 2 new ones with improved logo and tinted windows.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 23/01/2002 23:12

That's right, the 406 Coupe is one gorgeous car. If it only had some 30 more ponies, it'd be perfect. But even with 210 hp it's perfect for the vast majority.
The 307 is a very different kind of car, though. But it's nice in its own way.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 24/01/2002 11:08

Maybe this pic will help, I mean for desinging a logo... thanks anyway.

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 24/01/2002 12:05

SE_Sport_Driver, like to thank you for upping my logos, is there any reason why a regular riocar.org login wouldn't work for uploading? I'm unsure why it's saying invalid password/login

Re: Any Request For Logos? - 24/01/2002 12:15

You may need a seperate password... The logo stuff used to be on its own site. I just uploaded 8 more, I hope I'm not overloading it!