Eclipse Spyder Install

Posted by: dmob

Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 08:14

Has anyone installed their empeg in an Eclipse Spyder? If so, how did it go? Anything I should know about the install before I begin? I want to install my empeg underneath my Alpine deck, hopefully everything will fit without a problem. Any advice would be helpful!
Posted by: Scorp1us

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 09:06

I'll be doing this shortly, but it's not a spyder.

Are you indending to put it in the hole between the head unit and heating controls too?
Posted by: JoshMKiV

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 09:09

2G DiamondStars have double DIN holes, so should be no problem at all. Just take it with you, too easy to steal it from a drop top.

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 10:47

My Spyder is a 97 so I am not sure if the newer models are set up differently (or what year you have) but I have my head unit in that spot already. I am planning on putting it under the head unit. Might be a little tricky getting it in and out of that spot though...
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 12:02

I have a Spyder Installation. The thing you should know about is there is not a lot of room at the back so the cables/wiring and stuff will need to be carefully folded up as the cage will "crush" it against the back The next thing is you need a double din adapter if you wish to make it fit right with the alpine deck. The alpine deck will have a trim ring around it that will need to be cut.

I know this because *I* have an Alpine deck happily coexisting with the empeg. It feeds into the aux-in on the empeg.

But if I had to do it again, I would take the alpine deck out entirely because it is not worth the trouble. I never use the alpine deck and it just looks bad next to the classier looking empeg.

Calvin

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 12:03

I'll post up installation photos at some point.

Busy.

Calvin

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 14:19

Photos of your install would be great. Thanks in advance.
Posted by: wvloon

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 07/01/2002 14:30

I wonder if Tony fell asleep ? Normally he'd point out that this sort of questions actually belong in the Installation notes section. It must be very hard for him to keep up with the enourmous amount of new messages from new happy (soon to be) owners.

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 08/01/2002 11:38

I'll definitely take some photos, I'm considering doing Tony's magic marker mod. I have a Darkstorm smoked kit and a wood faceplate coming in. I'm mostly waiting until everything is together before I snap pictures. :-)

Calvin
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Eclipse Spyder Install - 08/01/2002 13:36

I'm considering doing Tony's magic marker mod.

For the record, it's not my mod. I think it was originally suggested by Mike and implemented first by Henno. Details here.