No more faces on sb store? dangit!

Posted by: iceweazel

No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 12:37

I thought there were piles of extra face kits. )*(&!#@%@#!!!!

Wonder how much I really need shielding. Would be nice
anyway.
Posted by: andy

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 12:47

Rob said the other day that they have more faces available, but that they have to be packaged before they can be sold.
Posted by: rob

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 13:45

Yeah we have at least a thousand sets - don't worry.

We also have plenty of car mounts, although I have no idea how many the eStore have left - we can ship more over if they need them.

Rob
Posted by: sendero

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 17:54

thats a relief. I can put up with a mismatching blue face for a while. Will there be a post/announcement here when they faceplates are back in stock?
Posted by: skamp

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 18:52

Please send some over!

Steve
Posted by: Trekkie

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 19:15

I have the Blue, orange, and Green ones left of my kit. I needed Red for my Audi. Email me if interested. Divide the cost of the kit by 3 and pay me that and I'll put one in the mail (US)
Posted by: Liufeng

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 19:37

Just Curious --

Any Mk1 sleds available? I suspect not but is there still an effort to make more?

-Tom
Posted by: skamp

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 19:52

Trekkie,
I sent you a PM for the green one. Please let me know. Thanks!

Steve
Posted by: tonyc

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 20:45

Mk1 sleds are rarer than Dick Cheney. This question has been asked before and no more sleds will be made.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 14/01/2002 20:48

Don't forget Darkstorm's "smoked" lens that match green car interiors very well.
Posted by: jnmunsey

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 01:11

I wish there were accurate pics of the colors.. I can color match with my monitor but I wonder if the original pic is accurate itself..

Hmm, maybe you guys can take a pic of a pantone chart with the same camera?

Posted by: jnmunsey

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 01:12

Yeah but he wants what $20 or more for it? It is a piece of plastic!
Posted by: Fogduck

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 01:27

> Yeah but he wants what $20 or more for it?
> It is a piece of plastic!

I am assuming that Darkstorm is fabricating these as a private individual, perhaps with access to equipment related to his day job, and not able to have several hundred cast/stamped/cut in order to make them cheaper. Bear that in mind.

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 08:26

Beats paying that much for 3 colors you don't want and two lens that are only going to collect dust. I have the smoked lens and love it. It is much brighter and easier to see than even my blue lens was. And many people bought the blue just becuase it was the easiest to see in sun light.
Posted by: Fogduck

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 16:14

> I have the smoked lens and love it. It is much brighter
> and easier to see than even my blue lens was.

How do you find the glare, going back to a non-AR screen? I would be all over the smoked lens but for that one issue.
Posted by: maczrool

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 18:52

Why don't you try sandblasting the plate to give it a slight texture to cut down on the glare?
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 19:14

How do you find the glare, going back to a non-AR screen? I would be all over the smoked lens but for that one issue.

I have one of the original Mark II empegs with a blue screen that is not anti-glare. At one point empeg was offering free anti-glare replacement screens. I never bothered to take them up on the offer because I have never had any kind of glare problem.

YMMV.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: No more faces on sb store? dangit! - 15/01/2002 19:22

I didn't have a problem with the glare using a smoke lens from darkstorm but in my car the sun hardly ever shines directly on the empeg screen