Hijack FTP question

Posted by: HighLatency

Hijack FTP question - 09/02/2002 17:08

Hey guys,
I'm been more of a lurker on these boards... excellent group of ppl here. I'd like to take a second to thank the empeg team for the great player software, and mark lord for the awesome hijack kernal! =)

Anyway, on my mark1 I'm running v2.0 beta11 and the beta11 hijack kernal, how do I FTP into the empeg connected via serial or usb? I'm interested in playing around with the image pan visuals and such... I looked through the archives and couldn't seem to find anything to help me out. I appologize if I'm asking a redundant question.

--Steve
=)
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Hijack FTP question - 09/02/2002 17:14

Unfortunately you need ethernet (aka at least an Mk2 player).

Bruno

Re: Hijack FTP question - 09/02/2002 17:30

doh... that's what I thought...
=(
Posted by: mlord

Re: Hijack FTP question - 10/02/2002 11:10

But if you want to "fix" it, then just write a driver for the Empeg's kernel that causes it to emulate a "USB ethernet device", instead of a "RioCar player". That's how it ought to have been done in the first place, in hindsight.

Once you do that, you get full TCP/IP in/out of the box from any host platform. Simple, eh?

-ml

Re: Hijack FTP question - 10/02/2002 13:40

hehe... I'd give it a shot, but I don't even know the first place to start. =P

--Steve
=)
Posted by: Alan

Re: Hijack FTP question - 10/02/2002 14:36

Make the images as everyone else is doing and use hyperterminal to remove and send the new images to the player. They are located in the empeg/lib/visuals directory. When you get there do an <ls> and you should see them.

Re: Hijack FTP question - 10/02/2002 22:23

yea, I was playing around with the images via hyperterminal last night. Not being able to ftp into the empeg wasn't going to stop me, hehe

--Steve
=)