Just ordered another from Sonic Blue

Posted by: Neutrino

Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 10/03/2002 23:32

Just went over to the SonicBlue web site and they have more units available so I bought another 20gb. I thought they were sold out. Get 'em before thier gone!
Posted by: drakino

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 10/03/2002 23:59

Where?

I have a friend still trying to get one, and I'm not seeing it in any section of the store...
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 00:57

it says sold out u will be waiting a long time for that unit.. belive me
Posted by: Nosferatu

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 05:29

Empeg are now like Pokemons :

Gotta Catch 'em All !!

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 07:59

Heres the link:
http://store.sonicblue.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?xid=25971&SP=10023&PN=1&V1=312961&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0

It says in stock for me.
Posted by: lopan

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 08:41

Last time everyone thought Sonic Blue had sold out, I checked and got a 30gig within 2 days. So if it says their in stock and you order it you should get it no probs.... I'm kicking myself cause I ordered a backup 10 gig from carplayer.com for 350.... I should have waited!!!
Posted by: rob

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 08:50

From where is that page linked? I can't find it in the Rio or Steals & Deals pages.

Rob
Posted by: genixia

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 09:32

It does say "Our Last Units" in bright red that I don't recall seeing before, and it is listing in stock (the 30 and 60s are not), so I guess that they do have a few more 20s. Damn I wish I had $300 to get a backup.
Posted by: BleachLPB

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 09:47

Hmm interesting that they're selling the 20gb for $300 when it was $200 before. Still - a bargain compared to what I originally paid, but still $100 more than I paid for my #2 empeg.

edit: nevermind - I just noticed "20gb" ... I guess I forgot 10gb units existed after I upgraded mine

Also - I followed the link ok, but could not find it by browsing their store.
Posted by: rob

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 09:50

No, the 20GB was never $200. The clearance prices were:

10GB $199
20GB $299
30GB $399
60GB $499

Rob
Posted by: BleachLPB

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 09:57

You are correct - I pointed out my error. Pshew - I think its time for lunch.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 10:40

Did this link come from a bookmark? Either way, thanks for posting it even if they never appear and I have to fight to get my $350 back... It'll make me feel so much more secure with two empegs in my life, after having the rest of my stereo stolen a coupld weeks ago.

Matthew

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 10:54

Yes, this was a bookmark. I had earmarked it when I bought my first unit. When I check order status it says shipment pending, not backordered so I hope they really still have a few.
Posted by: redbutt2

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 11:37

I just checked and it says in stock for me too....but likewise I lack the requisite cash to blow on another one.
Posted by: rtundo

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 12:50

That's wierd, it only appears if you click NEXT then click PREVIOUS. Then the riocar magically appears on the top of the page.
Posted by: wonderslug

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 13:43

It is listed in the Steals and Deals page (at least when I looked a few minutes ago). And I went ahead and put in my order for a second one. I was just about to order a second hard drive and decided that for about twice the price I can get a drive half the size (I was going to buy a 40GB drive), but I get a spare empeg unit to boot. The 20GB drive should be more than enough to fit the rest of my collection. And this way I won't have to worry about formatting the drive.
Posted by: darwin

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 14:32

I went to the online store, and saw the item, ordered two, put in all my info and received an error processing my credit card. I called sonic blue directly with the 800 number and they said that no matter what the website says, we are all sold out. I asked him when this happened, and he said two weeks ago. I told him that I have heard that there were a few released just recently today, and he said no, and would let me order anything. Ugh!

If anybody actually ordered today and receives it, post here just so I know that they were actually in stock and not an old link that somehow got put back on the estore website.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 15:11

I would try and find another credit card fast if I were you. They've appeared on the steals and deals page and they weren't earlier, so there must be some bit of truth to the rumor. When I ordered my first empeg it wouldn't take one of my (perfectly good) credit cards for the life of me but would take another just fine.

Matthew
Posted by: Narkotic

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 15:54

woo hoo! I just ordered another one from them for a backup unit. They're on the steals and deals page $300 for a 20gb!

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 16:01

I tried two different credit cards, and even had my Dad try from his work with his CC and even a debit card. Same dang error:

We are sorry.
We cannot complete the action you have requested.

If you continue to have problems or have any questions, please contact our toll-free at 1-800-468-5846 or 1-541-967-2490. By email you can contact us at [email protected].

(Error Number: 30024002 - 0)

Calling didn't help me out. =(
Posted by: The_Optimizer

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 16:30

I'mn trying hard to come up with a reason to order a backup unit for my backup unit....
Posted by: loren

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 16:39

My girlfriend has been getting the same error trying to order a Riot, no matter what CC we use. It's ridiculous... you'd think they'd WANT our money. It's been said a million times before, but whoever did their ecommerce stuff should be drawn and quartered. I haven't seen an ordering system that bad ever.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 16:40

Okay, as posted earlier, I tried, wouldn't work, had my dad try, wouldn't work either. note that both of us had successfully ordered before in the past. I called my sister at work and had her order, and it went through.

YEAH!!!

So a guess is that they are not letting some repeat customers order again, maybe? Well, I'm glad that I'll have a backup now.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 16:54

So a guess is that they are not letting some repeat customers order again, maybe?

That's it!

They obviously do not want repeat business, because they know that anybody who actually had the perseverance to make it through their incompetent and warped e-commerce system once would only do so again for purposes of sabotage and destruction.

tanstaafl.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 17:16

Well Boys and Girls I just got a tracking number so I guess its true!!
Posted by: Narkotic

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 17:27

whoa I just ordered a FM TUNER MODULE!!

(haha just kiddin)

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 19:31

You Bastard. :-)
Posted by: thrasher

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 11/03/2002 20:28

just ordered one waitng for my tracking number.
Posted by: butter

Talk about a shitty deal - 11/03/2002 23:26

i tried ordering one but my credit card was refused. i called my credit card company and their system was down so that is why it was rejected. every 15 minutes i would try ordering one to see if the order would go through. well my credit card company is still down, and now i notice that riohome.com says that the units are "out of stock" thanks to them i missed out on a great deal, looks like i know one credit card i am canceling tomorrow!
Posted by: jnmunsey

How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 01:55

I'm curious, what do you guys think will be the going price for, say, a 20GB unit in 6 months, assuming nothing similar and cheaper is available on the market? Be realistic...

Posted by: spider

Re: How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 02:06

more that 3 bills
Posted by: phat_slug

Re: How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 02:43

It sucks. And here in Europe we cant order at all anymore (?). I wish I had anothe rone....

slug
Posted by: LTJBukem

Re: How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 04:13

It sucks. And here in Europe we cant order at all anymore (?). I wish I had anothe rone....

You can order at www.carplayer.com

NOTE THEY ARE STILL INCREASING THEIR PRICES !!!
Posted by: Derek

Re: How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 05:06

Yep, you and me both! I have someone who would buy my mk2 off me if I did get one, but I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting a mate to buy one for me and send it over, and I'm not going to pay pumped up prices at CarPlay. There's capitalism and then there's greed.
Posted by: Draghtnod

Re: How much will they sell for in 6 months? - 12/03/2002 08:16

nooooo i cant get it! i ordered sunday a 10 gig for 320$ from carplayer and now they are selling 20gigs for 300$?!
*waaahhhrrrrrggg* that really sucks!

320$ player
+38$ Shipping to gemany
+16% Import tax
--------
something around 400$

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 10:49

Well, it appears the fun is over. They've been replaced by a $15 Sonic Blue pen in the Steals&Deals section. Remember the good old days when pens with logos on them were free?

Matthew
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 11:15

Man.. what a deal.. bargain at half the price... and check out the price on the hat...
Posted by: nullcore

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 15:44

finally got one of the bastards last night... tentatively. i'll consider it done when i see it in the mail. i've been wanting one since the mk1.

and just f.y.i., there's been a $300 [+15 shipping] 10gig on half.com for about a week now [at least]. the guy has a 4.8/5.0 rating, and says he only opened it for a short time to 'test' it. that's a bunch of crap. he just wanted to play with it.

$300 isn't great, but it's better than carplayer, and a whole lot better than a majority of the units that go through ebay.

so lets see who gets there first. keep rockin' the empegs.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 15:50

$300 IS GREAT! Esp for a 20GB drive! A year ago, I paid $1299 for a 12GB empeg!

Congrats! And welcome to the club!
Posted by: Alan

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 17:56

Just received a tracking number, thanks for the heads up on stock.

Alan
Posted by: wonderslug

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 18:06

Just got my tracking number as well.

Woohoo!
Posted by: thrasher

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 12/03/2002 18:49

just got my tracking number sweeeet I was just getting ready to order another sled,now i got a back up for only 200 more than the sled.Thanks for the post.
Posted by: nullcore

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 13/03/2002 00:35

in reply to SE's post, the $300 at half was for a 10gb, not a 20 [unless you're referring to the unit i actually ordered from the sb store]. $300 for a 10gb is still a decent price, but nowhere near the sb store price of $199 [i think... correct me if i'm wrong] when they were liquidating inventory.

but don't get me wrong. anything you pay for an empeg nowadays is a steal when you compare the original retail prices. i'm just glad i almost, finally, have one.

and thanks for the welcome. i got my shipping confirmation in my inbox a few hours ago.

btw, nobody's bought the half.com unit yet. maybe there's something i'm not seeing. if people are willing to buy them at $350 unopened, i'd think they'd be willing to save $50 and buy one that's been played with for half an hour.

maybe nobody's reading this thread anymore.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 13/03/2002 01:41

Well, most of the people here have bought their empegs already, and don't feel the need for one more. The people buying on ebay are still getting a good deal, as you say, but they obviously weren't paying as much attention as the people that have already found there way here.

That being said, I just got my shipping confirmation too. Hopefully they don't find any more 10 gig units, as I'm not sure I could resist the bargain.

Matthew
Posted by: Vito

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 13/03/2002 02:03

Well, I got my tracking number this afternoon as well. Too late to go back and order a second one, though, as the page now shows "Out of Stock" for them.

Thanks for the heads up on this!
Posted by: chrispitude

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 20/03/2002 17:15

You guys suck. I was perfectly happy until I saw this thread, and it got me thinking... so I just submitted an order for a spare 20GB to go with my 60G. I rationalized it by saying it's for whatever next car I buy down the road.

And the 60 isn't even in my current car yet - I'm having too much fun playing with it!

- Chris

Posted by: amaximow

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 20/03/2002 17:22

...another M3'er. Zoinks! Install that thing already!!

--Andrew
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 21/03/2002 18:17

[whisper]
with the luck of the Irish I ordered one from the link posted by Neutrino, nothing happened for two days :-( , but this afternoon I got a tracking number! I'll post me results later.
[/whisper]

PS anyone install one of these sweet thing in a '97 Corolla with out adding an amp?
PPS how do I tell my wife?
Posted by: Laura

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 21/03/2002 18:28

I just ordered another one too! Don't ask me why because what do I need with 3 of them. It said out of stock but I'll see if I actually get it.

Maybe if I do I would be willing to ship it overseas if someone wants it. Or maybe I will keep it and buy a rack stereo box for it depending if they get made or not.
Posted by: jasonc

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 22/03/2002 04:42

>PPS how do I tell my wife?

You have to get her her own empeg and after she's addicted, you mention you picked up a spare in case hers breaks. Worked for me!
Posted by: The_Optimizer

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 22/03/2002 07:50

In reply to:

>PPS how do I tell my wife?

You have to get her her own empeg and after she's addicted, you mention you picked up a spare in case hers breaks. Worked for me!

Only one downside.. If your wife is like mine, then she'll come back with "you might want to get another one in case YOURS breaks..."
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 22/03/2002 10:19

are there any more? I'd like to get just one.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 22/03/2002 20:50

I haven't gotten a confirmation on mine yet so I don't know. I'll post if I do.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 25/03/2002 16:39

Checked today and the order was marked cancelled. Guess that means that they are trully out of stock now. Oh well, I wasn't sure why I needed a third one anyway.
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 25/03/2002 19:54

oh darn. that's rather depressing.

mk2less

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 27/03/2002 10:08

Just wanted to update that I did receive my backups last night after an unsuccessful delivery attempt on monday, they came the next day and dropped it off at my sisters house.

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 27/03/2002 10:14

Thats excellent! You may very well have gotten the last one from SubSonicBlue.
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue - 28/03/2002 12:35

it's here
it's here
well it arrived on Tuesday but I was unable to pick it up till today.
I think myself and darwin have what must be the last Empegs shipped from Rio.
Happy days are here!

Now to get a tuner...