how to... ??

Posted by: teemcbee

how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 04:04

i've got 2 discs in my mk2. the original 12 GB (IBM) + 30 GB Toshiba.
As i had often troubles with booting of mk2 (i often got the message " no harddisk found - contact support" and had to cold-reboot to solve this temporarily) i thougt about changing the order of the two disks.
so i took the slave-jumper from the ibm-disk and made the toshiba to the slave disk.
as the empeg boots from the primary (master) disk and the whole database lies there - here's my question:

i now have 2 different databases - the one on the disk which was on the original primary disk(toshiba) - this is the up-to-date-database.
and the old database which is on the current primary disk (ibm)
how can i say the empeg which database to use?
or can i copy the database from the slave-disk somehow to the current primary disk?

PLEASE... someone who can help me?
thanks in advance!

Re: how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 04:10

.. additionally to say:
i found the 1.03-rc1 - version of software on the player...
i think i'd install the v2beta11 first.. maybe this could solve my problem? or will i have to do some more things to sync the 2 db's?

maybe i could boot the player with the original setup, then export the database via emplode, then make the current setup again and import the database via emplode again... would that help??
Posted by: pupvogel

Re: how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 05:00

I think you have no problem if you just boot your player now, because it will see the new files and build a new database on the primary disc without even asking you.
So the next boot will take a bit longer... but the player keeps you informed on the display.

Before you do that, I would recommend installing the final 1.03 - maybe there were some important changes after 1.03-rc1...!?
Posted by: Roger

Re: how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 05:05

All you have to do is delete the databases.

Install a developer upgrade, drop to a shell, and delete the database, tags and playlists files from /empeg/var.

This will cause the database to be rebuilt when you next connect with emplode.

You see, these files are simply a compiled version of the information contained in the *1 files, and neither the player, nor emplode actually care which disk these are on.

Re: how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 05:06

wohhhooo! cool thing!
it first booted with the 1.03 rc1 - version an had to build the database.
then i upgraded the player-software to 2.0beta11 - after the next boot the player again built the database and it was the new one :-)
then i started emplode and wanted to see the files there and the first thing emplode did was rebuilding the database again (whatfor ever..) and then i had the whole database here as it was in the original configuration. i made a small change and synced it without problem.
and now i'm done with the changed disks and the database as it's been before... i just had to redo some setting (stalk device, random play,... maybe some eq-settings will be lost.. but I don't care.. )

cool thing!

Re: how to... ?? - 11/04/2002 05:07

thanks a lot!
i already went another way and it seemed to work :-)