Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way?

Posted by: Thunder

Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 17:13

I used the Download feature to download a playlist from my RIO, and it puts all MP3's in a single flat directory. Is there any way to download them and maintain the playlist structure under the level that you're downloading?

For example, if I wanted to download all of my Pink Floyd Albums, I would want to click download on the "Pink Floyd" playlist and have the album "playlists" be directories under "Pink Floyd".

Can this be done?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 17:19

This feature is available in the Jemplode program. You can structure the file names however you want, and it can create directory trees, too. Great feature in Jemplode, give it a try.
Posted by: Thunder

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 18:13

Thanks! you all are GREAT! I love my RIO! =)
Posted by: Satan_X

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 19:09

I see that you can edit the filenames it downloads, what is the setting for including tracknumber?

Posted by: loren

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 19:55

{pos:2}

the number represents the padding... so 2 should give you 01, 02, 03, etc. it's all in the FAQ on the Jemplode site.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 20:07

If the files happen to have their tracknumber field filled out, you can also do {tracknr:2} I think. That's if you have more than one album in the same playlist and you want to keep the track numbers correct. But if you have it set up so that 1 playlist==1 album, then in theory the POS and the TRACKNR variables should be the same.
Posted by: Satan_X

Re: Download MP3's from RIO in a structured way? - 11/04/2002 20:31

Quote:
'it's all in the FAQ on the Jemplode site. '

I knew that would come and bite me in the @ss.

Thanks