Anyone have this part??? CABLE??

Posted by: DemonSeed

Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 07/05/2002 07:28

Hey,
Anyone help me with a HD cable for empeg? mine is dead. I have contacted sonic but no response!! Heres my msg:

Hi,
I have contacted sonic blue in both emails and phone calls. I bought a new Rio Car off ebay and unfortunently the IDE cable on the inside that connects the HDs is dead. I need a replacement and wondered if you could send me one or even 2 (for backup). I have looked everywhere and nonone sells them I have had this unit for like 2 weeks and I am really excited to install it. So please let me know asap.

Jim Richardson
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 07/05/2002 07:30

Jim - when did you send the email to and where did you send it to?

EDIT: You have to contact support first in order to diagnose the problem and to get authorization to open the unit (or else void your warranty). In this FAQ entry, it says to send support related emails to [email protected] .

So, to answer your question, nobody will have the cable (unless they have a spare) because they are custom cables (standard IDE cables, but custom length) so support is the only place you can get one. But even if someone mailed you one, you'd need to contact support first to get authorization to install it (and to make sure the cable is really the problem).
Posted by: rob

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 07/05/2002 07:58

It was a holiday weekend in the UK so emails sent at the end of last week won't have got any attention until now-ish.

Rob
Posted by: rob

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 07/05/2002 08:53

I have contacted sonic but no response!!

I checked with David and the first email received in Cambridge from you arrived at 3:27 today - and that was sent to Sales!

Sorry for the lack of miracle support

Rob

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 07/05/2002 21:41

well they said they are going to send it. I really hope that this fixes the problem.
Posted by: elvis

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 11/05/2002 02:14

I don't remember how, but once I got to talk with someone from empeg. It might have been david. He was exremely cool and knew EVERYTHING (I'm not talking just about the empeg) He told me to email him a request. When I told him I had 3 MK2as (because I like 'em!!) he sent me 3 replacement cables just in case!!

empeg ROCKS!

(translate this post to mean: I'm sure you will get all the support you need. They are very competent once you talk with someone who works with empeg based products)
Posted by: David

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 11/05/2002 05:15

> He was exremely cool and knew EVERYTHING (I'm not talking just about the empeg)

Can't have been me then

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 11/05/2002 05:44

Hi,
Yea they are very good, at first I emailed the wrong department!! eheh my bad. Once I got the email sent to David he said that he would send me a replacement the next day! I

JIM
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Anyone have this part??? CABLE?? - 11/05/2002 09:04

next day they are definately slowing down.

I wish other companies had a service halve as bad