FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY*

Posted by: StoreCareMgt

FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 30/01/2003 21:43

While cleaning up the warehouse I found a few 40gig Rio Car's left. There were four total, and one sold before this post, so I have three left for $849.99 each.

These are new and have a SonicBlue warranty that is good until April 22nd 2003. The warranty will be in your name as we are an official reseller.

Please feel free to send any questions or purchase requests to [email protected]

Jeremy Briggs
www.carplayer.com

PS. Free UPS shipping inside USA, and $25 for UPS Express to the UK or almost anywhere else in Europe. These units are ready to ship.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 31/01/2003 15:09

Can you post serial numbers and photgraphs please?
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 31/01/2003 15:24

It's well known that carplayer.com was an official reseller. If you do a search, you'll find several forum members who bought from them.

Then again, since everything is legit, I don't imagine he'll have any problems doing so...
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 31/01/2003 18:13

That's amazing! That's great!
Too rich for my blood though.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 31/01/2003 19:59

These are new and have a SonicBlue warranty that is good until April 22nd 2003. The warranty will be in your name as we are an official reseller.

If the units are new, and you are an official reseller, wouldn't there be a full one-year warranty? Or does the EOL status of the product affect that?

tanstaafl.
Posted by: genixia

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY - 31/01/2003 22:01

ISTR Rob mentioning sometime last year that part of the 'wholesale' deal that was struck with Carplayer.com was that the warranties would start ticking down at a certain point regardless of whether they had been sold.
Posted by: Chris_D

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 31/01/2003 22:53

Customer service with carplayer.com has been poor in my experience, and the pricing is absurd on these. He also wanted $275 to upgrade my 10 gig to 40 gig, plus to keep my original 10 gig (why? who knows.) hence losing all the music I had on there. A member here upgraded mine for significantly less and kept my 10 gigs intact. Check the carplayer website for the attempted launch of their new product, which can't hold a candle to the Rio. Not trying to badmouth anyone here, just reminding forum members "buyer beware" holds true always.
Posted by: jarob10

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 01/02/2003 01:45

I purchased an empeg through carplayer last year, shipped to uk without any problems.

I had no need to call customer support though, so I cant vouch for their capabilities in this respect ...
Posted by: jarob10

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 01/02/2003 01:48

ISTR the 40GB units at the time were shipped with a tuner module (price $1000 total ?).

If these units really were found whilst 'clearing the warehouse', maybe the puchaser could have a lucky find when beaking the parcel open ...
Posted by: lockuplever

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 03/02/2003 22:47

I bought some accessories from Jeremy a year ago, several emails were exchanged as he wanted to make sure I knew what I was buying. I was happy with the service.
Posted by: StoreCareMgt

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 04/02/2003 17:12

Here are the pictures of three units, if you want anything else pictured, make an offer.

Customer support should be great, and the warranty is with SonicBlue, so any issues they will most likely handle anyway. Sorry guys, but there are NO tuners with these units, do not order thinking you may be surprised.

Jeremy Briggs
www.carplayer.com

PS. Sorry, but only one left at this point.
Posted by: genixia

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY - 04/02/2003 20:18

Not wanting to be a jackass or anything, but I thought that the RD100-10 (as shown in your photo) were 10GB players, and *not* 40GB.

Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY - 04/02/2003 23:51

since they are from carplayer.com, and there were never offically 40 gb drives, i assume they bought the chaper 10gb versions and put the 40gb hard drives in place. From what i can remember sonicblue approved this as well and the warranty will still stand.
Posted by: sundayjumper

Re: FS: Brand New 40gb Riocar MkIIa *WITH WARRANTY* - 07/02/2003 14:20

I bought my 10Gb from CarPlayer and it got to the UK within 72 hours of ordering. I was happy with that !

Steve.