I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again.

Posted by: bmihulka

I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again. - 26/01/2004 20:53

First off thanks for everyone who has requested kits.

Here is the status for now. I have 25 sets of LEDs for the buttons and knob illumination, these do not include any colored buttons. I will sell them to the first people who go to www.hulktronics.com/buttons/ and place an order through paypal. Don't forget to add in the correct shipping cost before checking out. I will update the number of sets available at least once a day and that will be noted on the webpage. For anyone who orders these I will wave shipping charges if you order the buttons when they become available.

As for the buttons themselves, its hard to say when I will get a chance to get those going. I have to look at my casting materials and see if they are still any good.

Thanks again
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again. - 26/01/2004 21:15

Woo Hoo! Glad to see you are back! Of course it figures that the day you come back is the same day I blow my tranny Hopefully soon!
Posted by: JeffreyB

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again. - 28/01/2004 01:17

You mentioned that you have LED kits "...for the buttons and knob illumination", but I only see knob illumination as available. I know you have no buttons or knobs, but do you have the full kit that also includes the button illumination LEDs and resistor packs? Basically everything but the knobs and buttons? I'm a little confused since what you said was available is not what shows up on you site...

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 11:12

I'm not Brian, but I think it's like this:
The site predates the current situation (ie the lack of cast buttons/knob).
Consider the 25 available kits "Empeg/Rio Car Illumination Kit" kits w/o the buttons/knob, or "Knob Illumination Kit" with the 4 button LEDs and the resistorpack added on...

Edit: Looks like what's available to order is the "Knob Illumination Kit" (with the 4 knob LEDs and resistor pack added on?) as the other variants show "Not available" while that one currently lists 21 available...

/Michael
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 11:51

..Looking at it now, I hope I paid for the right thing!

Me.

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 18:43

Sorry about the mix up. I made that page a while ago and didn't look at it close enough. I am selling the entire kit for both buttons and the knob. This includes a soldermasked and screen printed circuit board. If you click on the Knob Howto link you can see the new board. I'll get the page updated as soon as possible.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 18:53

Okay, I've updated the BBS header to point to the hulktronics.com address instead of the hulkster.net address.

Good to see you back, Brian.
Posted by: mvigneau

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 19:30

So do the people that already ordered get the updated one? Because I noticed the price has increased.

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 28/01/2004 19:36

They do.
Posted by: jessie

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again. - 28/01/2004 20:52

cool i ordered one. hopefully we can get some buttons going.
Posted by: Neutrino

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going again. - 29/01/2004 16:27

I put in an order for these, maybe a year ago?? Do you still have your old order records or should we reorder now? I never received a reply from you so maybe you don't have it?

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 29/01/2004 19:23

Because the colored buttons and knobs are not available right now I'm only sending out to those who order through the website. Even when the buttons come I will probably just have everyone order new, because not everyone who has requested will still want to purchase.
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 04:03

You know, I wish the FAQ was kept up to date with this stuff <sigh>
this entry still uses the old one.

Hey - who thinks we need a new FAQmaster!!!
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 08:35

Okay, you're new, so we'll let that slide. You have NO idea how much time Tony put into that thing. Just view the "Printable" version of the FAQ and see how long it is.

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 08:43

Eh, wot?
You beat him to a reply !?!?

Doesn't he have a feed wired to his bedroom?

PS - not that new - just not very vocal - probably 'cos I've been reading through the FAQ since I registered

PPS it's still not fixed you know - he's slipping I tell you!
Posted by: Mach

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 09:42

Someone's about to get some personalized attention methinks...why muck around? I hear the banana song has exxxxcellent results.

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 10:16

Err, you know, on second thoughts, that FAQ entry looks just about perfect to me
Posted by: andy

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 11:56

Just view the "Printable" version of the FAQ and see how long it is.

Whoa ! One hundred and ninety five printed pages, I knew the FAQ was long, but I didn't realise Tony had run off and written a whole book while we weren't watching
Posted by: tfabris

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 12:06

No, you're right, that entry needed updating. Done.
Posted by: loren

Re: I'm back, and trying to get the kits going aga - 30/01/2004 15:50

Yeah, actually, it's so long that the search function has become pretty useless in a lot of cases.