For Sale: Mk2 (for parts)

Posted by: G_fresh

For Sale: Mk2 (for parts) - 09/04/2006 20:56

I was using this unit in my car until I went to install an XM unit also. Somehow I smoked part of the main board where power goes in. (I tried to get schematics myself to fix - to no avail...)

So, I'm selling it all but the 20G HD for parts. (I may be persuaded to sell the hard drive if someone really wants it...)

All the other boards appear to be fine. But, I have no way of telling for sure. Anyway, I have the remote, sled, extra sled connector (with extra pins), lens, buttons, original box, stickers, etc. If someone describes the AC wall adapter, I think I can dig it up too. I may have other stuff. Post if you want to ask about specific items...

Anyway, I thought I'd post here before putting on eBay. So, if you're interested, "bid" here. Buyer to pay actual shipping by UPS or USPS. Please note, if no one will bid $50 or more, I probably will just trash it...

Thanks for your intrest!
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: For Sale: Mk2 (for parts) - 09/04/2006 22:07

Did you ever contact anyone to repair it? In the US you can try Stu at Eutronix (link at the top of the page) for repairs, or contact Rob Schofield who does the official repairs located in Cambridge, UK. Rob does have the schematics, but I'm betting both repair it.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: For Sale: Mk2 (for parts) - 09/04/2006 22:50

Well, I'd certainly give you $75 dollars for those parts. I suspect someone else will offer more. The power adapter is 12V 1Amp center positive, and it's a light weight "plugtop" adapter.

Matthew
Posted by: GeorgeU

Re: For Sale: Mk2 (for parts) - 10/04/2006 11:07

PM sent