What to do... empeg about to be binned

Posted by: ShadowMan

What to do... empeg about to be binned - 19/04/2006 10:38

Here's the story... I bought 2 empegs during the firesale, one for me and one for my friend. He never installed and sold it to someonbe else last year. This other person has since has their truck repossesed (small town of 700 people, details get around fast) and I fear that they might end up dumping their empeg. I am wondering if anyone here might want it (without the metal sleeve, it's still in the truck) and how much they would pay for it. I don't know how much he is selling it for but if I had to guess I could get it for cheap.

Anybody interested?
Posted by: Redrum

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 19/04/2006 11:50

Nice story, I could not have thought up a better one... and yes, I'm sure there is a market for hot empegs

The story.... "I moved several times and my sled got lost" ... is not anywhere near as good.
Posted by: Mach

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 19/04/2006 11:57

I'm interested. Any idea what shape it's in and can you get the serial number? Without knowing more, I'd say $100 as an opener.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 19/04/2006 13:01

I'm interested. I'll pay $150 Mine's been broken for almost a year now and I can't get SWMBO to give hers up.

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 19/04/2006 13:56

Quote:
Nice story, I could not have thought up a better one... and yes, I'm sure there is a market for hot empegs

The story.... "I moved several times and my sled got lost" ... is not anywhere near as good.

Nice, and true. I've still got the receipts at home if I had to guess. I also posted about my friend selling it last year some time...
See this post .

I don't know if I can get it or not... Right now I'll offer him $100 for it when/if I see him.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 00:18

Hopefully you could get 20 minutes with the truck to pull the sled out.

ShadowMan has been around long enough that I'd hope it's legit. Though, we've been burned by that in the past. Rarely, though.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 02:39

I'm pretty sure Redrum was joking around.
Posted by: ricin

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 06:17

I'll take it for $200. One of mine doesn't come up at all, and the other one is having major issues.
Posted by: Redrum

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 09:13

Yep joking. My wife says I have a dark, dry sense of humor. She never thinks my jokes are funny either.

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 12:07

Quote:
Hopefully you could get 20 minutes with the truck to pull the sled out.

ShadowMan has been around long enough that I'd hope it's legit. Though, we've been burned by that in the past. Rarely, though.

I don't even know where the truck was taken. It was repossesed and brought to a town at least 1 hour and 45 minutes away, if not further. We live in the boonies here.

It's legit and I would posted all related documentation and serial numbers when/if I get my hands on it. As far as I know there are only 3 empegs on the Island of Newfoundland and I purchased all three. I have two in my possession and the other is still floating around this little town.

Rene

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 21/04/2006 12:07

I took it as a joke.

Rene
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 23/04/2006 18:34

Quote:
only 3 empegs on the Island of Newfoundland and I purchased all three

You've cornered the market.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 25/04/2006 04:18

I'm not sure that being the market is the same as having cornered the market.
Posted by: Liufeng

Re: What to do... empeg about to be binned - 05/05/2006 06:39

I'm interested in a Rio branded remote. I recently lost mine and have been using the crappy kenwood ones.. would like to find more proper remotes.

If your friends empeg still has the remote let me know.

Thanks

Test post, please ignore. - 09/05/2006 09:48

Testing to see if I receive an email response to my "Favorite" threads. Please ignore.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Test post, please ignore. - 09/05/2006 19:07

Okay.
Posted by: furtive

Re: Test post, please ignore. - 10/05/2006 13:55

He said "please ignore"
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Test post, please ignore. - 10/05/2006 14:41

Sssssssssshhhhhhhh.