New Nirvana Song

Posted by: maczrool

New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 10:32

Anyone heard the 'new' Nirvana song, "You Know You're Right"? It's interesting to hear something new from them after all these years.

Stu
Posted by: robricc

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 10:34

I have over 35 Nirvana bootlegs and such, but that title doesn't ring a bell.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 10:34

Background info...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/27/music.nirvana.release.ap/index.html
Posted by: ninti

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 10:53

I like it, it is actually a pretty damn good track, though it is very wierd to hear his voice again on an unfamiliar song. It still makes me sad.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 11:01

I am so damn tired of all the crap surrounding that song. Too bad Courtney Love is such a bitch. Pardon my language, but we all know it's true.

I think I'll go listen to "'Beans"
Posted by: robricc

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 11:16

Too bad Courtney Love is such a bitch.

IMO She is responsible for his death. Anyone remeber that Unsolved Mysteries episode?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 11:27

I believe that the most accurate term to describe Courtney is ``whore''.

I don't believe that article really goes into it, but, apparently, Dave and Chris (or however he's spelling his name this week) wanted to release a big box set of all the unreleased Nirvana stuff. The article does mention this. What it doesn't mention is that Courtney wanted to release each individual track one-by-one (or close to it) in order to, to paraphrase her, extend the amount of time over which she'd be receiving money -- fuck the fans.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 11:36

Don't forget the movie Kurt & Courtney.
Posted by: sn00p

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 13:08

Cool track...

..IMO sappy was one of their best songs, apparently they (Kurt?) was never happy with the recording of it (I think he tried it at both the nevermind and in utero sessions), theres a (bad audio quality) version - but just stunning version on one of the outcesticide cd's, and the version from the in utero sessions is a hidden track on no alternative album, which is obviously perfect quality, but lacks the edge of the earlier recording....in any event, it's an amazing song...

Adrian

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 15:06

Actually, I completely agree with you. That has been my favorite Nirvana song for quite a while. I also have that Outcesticide. I think I got it from another album too, but I'm not sure.
Posted by: lockuplever

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 15:29

Sounds like Nirvana, I was not a big fan, although I have 2 of their cd's. This song is pretty good though.
Posted by: BleachLPB

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 18:04

I just heard about the song from a friend... I searched my collection for a possible bootleg... nothing.

I still have yet to hear it (I'm still waiting for Patrick's radio kit!) on the radio.

Damn Courtney...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: New Nirvana Song - 27/09/2002 21:27

That would be cool if they found a whole album.

<-- I attached an mp3 of the song

EDIT: I guess the file was too big. I also put it here.
Posted by: muzza

Re: New Nirvana Song - 28/09/2002 16:07

Everything old is new again.

even twelve months ago I probably would have dismissed it as I don't really like much of Nirvana's stuff. There have been many bands recently who have 'revived' the grunge sound and, now, I don't object to it. It's not one of my faves but I'll listen to it on the radio.

JJJ has been playing it a bit until their legal dept tells them otherwise.

Re: New Nirvana Song - 28/09/2002 17:21

Take a listen to their first album. No, not Nevermind... the one before that. Hmm, I can't remember the name of it right now for some reason...
Posted by: Laura

Re: New Nirvana Song - 28/09/2002 17:27

Was it Bleach?

I guess I'll have to listen to the radio just to hear the new song.

Re: New Nirvana Song - 29/09/2002 09:47

Thats the one.

Can't figure out why anyone would want to name something that... Ohh nevermind.

Re: New Nirvana Song - 29/09/2002 12:50

You mean you'll have to wait and hear it on radio. I don't think the song will be released for quite some time.

Re: New Nirvana Song - 29/09/2002 12:59

Oh damn Courtney.
Posted by: maczrool

Re: New Nirvana Song - 29/09/2002 15:14

I take it downloading it is beneath you?

Stu

Re: New Nirvana Song - 29/09/2002 15:21

I take it downloading it is beneath you?

I wouldn't say that exactly, I just prefer buying it when available. But if that is the only way to hear it now then I guess I will.