Pricewatch.com clone

Posted by: msaeger

Pricewatch.com clone - 02/11/2002 20:56

Has anyone found a site similar to pricewatch.com. There used to be killerapp.com but that is gone now.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 02/11/2002 23:33

It's just not hitting me, but why do you want a site identical to Pricewatch?

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 05:44

Because pricewatch keeps having problems everytime I try to use it. Like now the search doesn't work
Posted by: lectric

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 09:59

Works fine for me.... Just tried it.
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 11:49

I'm with msaeger for different reasons.

Search on Pricewatch for "BEFW11S4" . Do you get a bunch of BEFW11S4s? No. You get a lot of "Works with BEFW11S4". I'm guessing this is intentional overloading of the product description by the vendors, but (unless I am missing a more granular search capability) it makes Pricewatch a PITA that I won't use. I e-mailed them to that effect.

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 13:01

That makes sense. Pricewatch works for me, but I have been annoyed by the bad search results.

I would suggest Pricegrabber then. Before Pricewatch ha this problem, I never used it, but now it seems I have to. The difference is that Pricewatch will return search results in the form of a list of companies that have products that match your term. Pricegrabber returns a list of products it has on file and then lists the companies that carry them. I've found that on most occasions, both sites return the same price results.

Most of the time, I use both of them and rely on my own judgement to choose where to order from.
Posted by: cblake

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 14:52

www.mysimon.com

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 16:40

I use MySimon sometimes, but it doesn't find the best deals on all the computer stuff. And considering Pricegrabber also has non-computer stuff, I think it's a better site.

But I do use MySimon as a second source.

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 20:17

Did you try a search ? When I do I get "File . Unspecified error " What browser are you using maybe it's just me.

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 20:37

Ok I tried mozilla and that works so my IE must be screwed up.

Thanks
Posted by: lectric

Re: Pricewatch.com clone - 03/11/2002 20:43

Sorry for the delay, I use Netscape mostly, until it f's up, then I use IE.