Cant find my groceries!

Posted by: Dignan

Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 13:40

I need some odd help here.

When I was little, my family would visit my great uncle in Maine, and he'd make us chocolate malt milkshakes. For the malt, he'd use Carnation chocolate malted milk. For a while I could find this stuff back home in Virginia, but it seems nobody carries it here anymore. I can't stress this enough: I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Milkshakes taste great with it and it's fantastic in plain, cold milk.

I simply cannot find this anywhere in Virginia. Now it seems the normal Carnation malted milk is also dissapearing. So I need your help. I need to find someplace online that sells this stuff. It's called "Carnation Malted Milk" and "Carnation Chocolate Malted Milk." It is a powder that comes in glass jars about 7" high and 3.5" in diameter.

Also, if someone here has a store near them that sells this stuff, I will pay for the product and any shipping costs if you would send it to me.

Well there you have it. Told you it was wierd.

ps-I've gone so far as to call Nestle (who distributes Carnation), and ask them where to find it. they weren't very helpful, but they said it was still being made.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 15:16

Netgrocer.com has it
Search for Carnation Malted Milk and it's on the 2nd page of results.

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 17:36

Greetings!

They carry it in my local grocery store. I have seen it, and bought it in the past. I personally prefer just the straight malt instead of the chocolate variety, but...

If you are interested, PM me with a quantity and a shipping address.

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 19:15

Thanks, I didn't know about Netgrocer. I'll try buying a few from there.

I personally prefer just the straight malt instead of the chocolate variety, but...

Yeah, I just remembered that I don't really like it in milkshakes as much as I like it in plain milk. I love that. For milkshakes I like the original better.

If you are interested, PM me with a quantity and a shipping address

Thanks so much for the offer. I'll try it through that site first, though. I also just found some place that will ship crates to you 12 bottles for $30. Not too bad
Posted by: muzza

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 19:41

Is there anything this site can't do or doesn't know about?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 19:44

We are still working on that "world hunger" thing, but I think we are slowly making some progress there too...
Posted by: muzza

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 20:13

I'm sure if we got Bush and Hussain (sp?) on this BBS we'd make progress there too!

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 10/11/2002 22:56

I agree. This place is a one-stop valuable source of knowledge.

And we're also working on peace in the middle east...
Posted by: genixia

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 06:30

LOL...They'd soon become the BBS's petting trolls.
Posted by: davec

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 07:22

So here's a question for the UKers.

Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate, is it the same has the intasnt Hot Chocolate mix? When I was in the UK I found Cadbury's Hot Chocolate far superior to anything I've had in the US. Now I need to get a supply for the winter... But I can't tell if the Drinking Chocolate is the same or if it requires milk instead of water. Maybe I'll just get both...
Posted by: peter

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 07:30

I found Cadbury's Hot Chocolate far superior to anything I've had

Crikey. You should try Green & Black's, then...

Peter
Posted by: peter

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 07:35

To answer the actual question:

But I can't tell if the Drinking Chocolate is the same or if it requires milk instead of water.

Yes, spot-on, Drinking Chocolate requires milk. Instant Hot Chocolate only needs boiling water. (In other words, it's premixed with powdered milk and you just use twice as much of it...)

Peter
Posted by: genixia

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 08:14

Do you have Stop&Shop locally? They carry it in their international section.... (My wife's hooked on the stuff..)
Posted by: davec

Re: Cant find my groceries! - 11/11/2002 10:52

Do you have Stop&Shop locally? They carry it in their international section.

No Stop n Shop but I will check the international section of my local stores, Thanks!
And as far as brands go, Cadbury's blew away anything I had before so I'm open to even better stuff like the one mentioned in the earlier post... Thanks! A co-worker is in Cambridge now, hopefully he can check his email and I'll get the other brand mentioned as well. I was gonna ask for Cubans again, but I cut down on the 'baccy somewhat and it's illegal to bring back anyways... And hot chocolate is cheaper...