Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday...

Posted by: Jerz

Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 27/11/2002 17:28

Yes, I hope everyone took some time to drink a beer in remembrance of one of the most influential musicians that has ever lived...

Happy Birthday Jimi...

Jerz
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 27/11/2002 18:11

Yes, I hope everyone took some time to drink a beer ...

Me, I think I'll pour a big glass of wine and knock back a few Mandrax!

Yes (sigh),... Happy Birthday.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 28/11/2002 14:15

As I read this, I realise I forgot the anniversary...

... but believe it or not, as I read the post, "Little Wing" came up on the playlist (Sting's version). Ride on, Jimi.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 28/11/2002 14:17

I do so love Hiram's guitar solo on that version.
Posted by: fvgestel

Re: Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 28/11/2002 14:34

To Jimi (raises his beer)
I have played Jimi so much, I can hum along most of them. Jimi was of great musical influence. I've been listening to some Foo Fighters albums for a few months and now I'm saturated with Foo Fighters. Now I'm listening to Queens of the Stone Age, which is quite nice, but will also wear off in a couple of months. I still listen to Jimi regularly, especially some accoustic sessions at his appartement. Sound quality is really bad, but the guitarplay is magnificent.
Posted by: Jerz

Re: Wanted to wish Jimi a Happy Birthday... - 28/11/2002 17:29

wow...acoustic sessions at his apartment? Very cool...and I thought I had everything there was to be had. I have to wonder how it would be possible for me to get a copy?

Have ya'll checked out the latest album.."First Rays of the New Rising Sun"? (yeah I know he's dead but he almost had this finished before he died and it's been tied up in controversy for a while hence the verly belated release) It is definatley worth having since it was recently released and it really kicks ass.

proste!