The music has died and so goodbye.

Posted by: Laura

The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 16:07

For me the music in my life has died (and I don't mean the empeg is broken). Coming to the board has become too painful and it is with sadness that I am leaving to embrace silence and solitude. Someday when I can hear the music again I will come back.

Thank you to everyone for being so kind and helpful, this has been a wonderful community.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 16:10

Wow. Bummer.

I hope you don't mean that we've driven you away. If so, I'm sorry, as I'm sure it was partly my fault.

If not, I'm truly sorry for whatever your loss is.
Posted by: genixia

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 16:10

Laura, I am saddened to hear that...

Please come back soon.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 16:48

Are you losing your hearing?? what happened?
Posted by: njdboy

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 18:07

I am confused as well. I hope nothing terrible has happened. The first thing I thought of was hearing. That would be sad indeed.
Posted by: djc

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 18:21

sorry to see you go, laura. be well.

--dan.
Posted by: Terminator

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 18:40

We wish you well in all your travels. Come back and see us.

Im confused as to what has happened to you though. I hope everything turns out ok.
Posted by: robricc

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 17/01/2003 19:33

Laura. I wish you the best. I hope everything is going to be OK and that we can meet up again some day.
Posted by: andym

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 18/01/2003 09:48

Hope everything works out okay. You've made a lasting impression, from what I've read about the empeg meet you organised I think you'd give Rob S. a run for his money in the meeting organisation stakes!

All the best....
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 17:03

I talked with Laura via email over the weekend (we have had considerable correspondence in the past) as her post here left me concerned for her well-being.

She has suffered a personal loss which she will not discuss here (nor will I) but she will rejoin our group in the future, although it may be quite some time before that happens.

tanstaafl.

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 17:33

Greetings!

I am glad to hear that someone has been in touch with her. I was concerned by the tone of the message as well. While it sounds like she suffered a significant loss, it is good to know that she is okay. Thanks for the update.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 17:52

Thanks tanstaafl,

I was concerned as well. I very much enjoyed the Cincy meet and was happy to get to know her as well as the other empeggers. Laura, if you happen to read this, you are in my prayers.

John
Posted by: Dignan

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 18:02

It is sad when a community loses a valuable member. On another board I belong to, we lost a member for a very serious and sad reason, and we have greatly missed that person. I'm sure the people here will miss you as well, Laura. Good luck. Hurry back.
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 18:06

Yeah give her our concerns and our good wishes
Posted by: lectric

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 20/01/2003 22:38

Ditto. I was (and still am) gravely concerned. Please let her know that whatever her troubles are, she is in my prayers. I just hope she can find some peace. Life can be hard enough as it is, let her know that she has many people that care about her. If there's anything I can do, although I doubt it, just let me know. Even if it's as simple as to pray for her, although that's being done regardless.
Posted by: Laura

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 08:03

Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes, it means a great deal to me to know that people care.

I've realized that staying away from one of the few things that I look forward to daily, coming to this board, isn't going to help make the pain go away any sooner so I decided to come back.
Posted by: genixia

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 08:42

Yay. I'm happy to see you back, and hope that we can help.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 08:43

Posted by: andym

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 09:57

Hooray!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 12:30

Glad you're back...
Posted by: Terminator

Re: The music has died and so goodbye. - 26/01/2003 13:43

:-)
Posted by: thinfourth2