Saddam dead?

Posted by: kswish0

Saddam dead? - 07/04/2003 23:36

This could be very good news if its true.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 04:07

...here comes yz33d any minute now with his Saddam_Hussein account to try (unsuccessfully) to be funny...
Posted by: boxer

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 04:31

here comes yz33d any minute now

Either he really is Saddam, or he's having a lie in!
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 05:47

I believe that should read: "We've killed Saddam. Again."

-Zeke
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 06:01

Nope, sorry. That's not me.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 06:13

to try (unsuccessfully) to be funny...

That's harsh, Tony. I think that Saddam's occasional posts are actually pretty good.

I think that you're overly hard on yz33d, as well. Admittedly, in his first foray on this BBS, he was a royal pain in the arse. More recently, he's not struck me as particularly irritating. And when he does try to be funny, often he actually succeeds.

Admittedly, he has opinions that I disagree with, and feel that nobody could usefully hold/justify, but that's fair enough -- freedom of speech and all that.

So, please, go easy on the guy.
Posted by: davec

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 06:38

And when he does try to be funny, often he actually succeeds

This post gets funnier everytime I think about it, but I'm not sure why. I chuckle everytime I see his avatar now...

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 07:46

That's harsh, Tony.

Wow, calling someone "not funny" is now considered "harsh" on this BBS? Our skin can't be that thin, can it?
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 08:03

Our skin can't be that thin, can it?
Maybe some of us, but if I can say anything about yz33d it's that his skin certainly isn't thin. I'd say the same probably goes for Saddam as well.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 08:27

It's not that post in isolation, it's the way that you always seem to be hammering on yz33d for his indiscretions of the past.

For example, you assumed that just because you don't find Saddam's posts funny, that it had to be yz33d posting it.

Let it go already.

Re: Saddam dead? - 08/04/2003 09:00

For example, you assumed that just because you don't find Saddam's posts funny, that it had to be yz33d posting it.
That's actually not what happened. I was on last night and saw yz33d and Saddam_Hussein post messages one after the other. That and the fact that their avatars both picture Saddam, along with the similar style of humor, is what led me to that conclusion. I was just taking a stab at who it might be. I stand corrected. BFD.

Let it go already.
Thanks for the advice!