hey, cool! i found a...

Posted by: muzza

hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 05:51

Arkanoid java applet
http://www.jokes.gr/games/arkanoid_1/eindex.html

I was actually looking for boulder dash, but I can't get it to load.
Posted by: BartDG

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 06:48

Hey, that brings back some memories! Thanks for the link!

BTW, Boulder Dash works fine for me.
Posted by: fusto

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 07:25

You didnt happen to find Marble Madness did you?

I miss my Amiga...
Posted by: Dignan

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 07:49

I got Boulder Dash to work, but I guess I don't remember the rules, because I'll think I'm safe, and all of a sudden I'll blow up with those purple diamonds surrounding me...
Posted by: tarkie

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 08:22

There is a Marble Madness port being developed using the Unreal Tournament 2003 engine.

Looks ace.
Posted by: DWallach

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 09:42

But Marble Madness just wouldn't be the same without slamming that huge trackball around...
Posted by: tonyc

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 09:58

Exactly. But the good news is a good arcade-quality 3" USB or PS/2 trackball (like the one found in Marble Madness/Golden Tee arcade machines) can be had for about $80. I have one that's someday going to go into a MAME cabinet.
Posted by: muzza

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 15:33

In boulderdash, (I was a master when I was 12), you can push boulders into open space, support them with your head; but if they fall on you, you're dead. If you let one of those flashy things touch you, you're dead. [lock, stock] infact you're going to have to work very yard to stay alive[/lock, stock]

I also found this
http://abandonware.universal.av7.net/1985/Boulder_Dash_2.1985.exe
runs in dos, scary
Posted by: Dignan

Re: hey, cool! i found a... - 21/04/2003 16:10

That's what I thought the rules were, but I was dying in places where i thought I was safe, and when I died, that's when I saw the purple diamonds. I never touched those in the game, but for some reason I'd just be digging around and all of a sudden I'd die!