Who can do me a logo?

Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Who can do me a logo? - 15/06/2003 15:23

Okay, like the subject says... I need a logo. Not just any logo, but a good logo. I don't have £10 million to give to a company though!

I work for a project called the 'Digital Inclusion Project' - a lifelong learning and ICT initiative - part of the Governments bid to get everyone online. Its a pilot project in which 300 households were given a PC, 128k internet access and a printer at no cost. Classes and technical support are available 6 days a week.

The official spiel...

"The Project is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and lifelong learning initiative. The Digital Inclusion Project will enable residents of Johnstone West Social Inclusion Partnership area to benefit from developments and learning opportunities arising for ICT, putting them at the forefront of the digital revolution. This Project is funded through the Scottish Executive."

So, anyone good at logos? And care to donate one? To be used on letters, website, promotional material etc. You would of course receive full credit.

Hope someone will respond!

Cheers

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 03/07/2003 15:59

bumping wishfully...
Posted by: David

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 03/07/2003 17:04

Quick and dirty.
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 03/07/2003 17:09

"Brought to you by Target"

sorry, I had to do it.

I have acctually been thinking about this for quite some time, but I haven't been able to really sit down and work something out. I have designed several logos in the past, I guess what would help is a bit of your thought process about what you see as an effective logo.
Posted by: gsm01320

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 03/07/2003 21:38

what type of "work" is it exactly?
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 03/07/2003 22:49

Quick and dirty.

That pretty much describes my logo... I was thinking of a picture of a wino in the gutter, typing on a computer.
Posted by: visuvius

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 04/07/2003 11:51

lol.

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 04/07/2003 12:03

Well my "work" as you put it for some reason, varies greatly. From researching and purchasing adaptive technologies for disabled residents to setting up a technical support team for the vast numbers of calls we receive. Classes need to be created - I aquire tutors, get students, find venues. Nothing is the same each day.

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 04/07/2003 12:32

Its difficult to tell - everyone has a different view as to what is good and what is total crap! Its one of those things that you like when you see it and can't explain why. I like amazon's, BP's, Apple's, eBays. I don't like ICQ's, or BBC's.

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 06/07/2003 02:31

You see David.... thats not bad. Its simple and it works. Just not sure its what I'm looking for. Maybe thats why companies get millions to do logos!
Posted by: muzza

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 06/07/2003 04:17

Hack number one
Posted by: muzza

Re: Who can do me a logo? - 06/07/2003 04:20

Hack Number Two

I like the shape. It doesn't have to mean anything, It's just a symbol.
OR
It symbolises the inteconnection and interrelationship of disparate units into one singular componant