HHGTTG Movie?

Posted by: tonyc

HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 13:53

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0371724

I'm going to try to keep a lid on my expectations...
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 13:56

thats awesome. hopefully its more well done than the first. blah
Posted by: mcomb

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 16:06

Sweet. DNA's books helped make me the warped individual I am today. Hopefully they don't screw this up to bad.

-Mike
Posted by: furtive

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 16:07

I think this has been canned after Douglas Adams died
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 16:12

Nope. If you go to the Douglas Adams official website, they confirm the choosing of a new directorial team. It's the article about Hammer and Tongs.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 16:13

I dunno about that. Douglas Adams died in May of 2001, and the scheduled release date for this film is 2005... I don't know that they would have had it scheduled 4 years in advance...

Plus the IMDB entry seems to have been updated a couple months ago.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 01/08/2003 16:14

Douglas Adams was apparently in the middle of writing the script when he died, and that's apparently the script they're using, finished by someone else, so it was in production of sorts.
Posted by: tracerbullet

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 03/08/2003 16:53

I hope somebody like Terry Gilliam gets to make it.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: HHGTTG Movie? - 04/08/2003 04:29

I just read the "Salmon of Doubt" (which was mostly a collection of stuff published after he died) and it talks several times about this movie. It sounded like Adams was pretty excited about making it, and the forword (and other pieces of the book contributed by friends after he died) indicated that it was still going to go forward. Apparently he'd been wanting to do a movie version for a long time. I hope whoever they get to finish the script draws a lot from the previous hitchhiker stuff. I think it would be hard for anyone else to recapture the tone of Adam's writing.