As in;
"John has a snotty nose."
Posted by: rob

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 09/08/2003 18:36

No. Well, only if you're 11.

Rob
Posted by: visuvius

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 09/08/2003 18:37

Well it sounds like you're referring to the snot that has taken up residence in John's nose. I don't see what is rude about this. Unless pointing out that someone has a boogery nose is rude. If I had someone tell me I had a boogery nose, I'd be stoked. Who wants to walk around with a boogery nose?

Posted by: davec

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 09/08/2003 19:37

My dad always called us "snot nosed little brats..." I never thought that was rude. I mean if it's true, is it considered rude to point out what is a fact? I think not.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 09/08/2003 20:40

As with all things, what is or isn't rude will vary depending on whose presence you're in. I certainly wouldn't use the word in a job interview.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 10/08/2003 03:42

Not at all. Like Tony says, don't say it at an interview, but its not rude.
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 10/08/2003 12:47

so basically i can say it to everyone with the exception of an interview?

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 10/08/2003 12:54

Well, not for the sake of it!

Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 12/08/2003 02:21

Interviewer: How do you handle a situation when one of your clients doesn't understand what you've been telling him, and keeps asking you for help?

Interviewee: Well, I try to avoid getting snotty, and will look for a way to re-word what I've been telling him in a way that's simpler.

Seems perfectly acceptable to me, but then, I haven't gone to any job interviews that require dressing up more than clean jeans and a sweater.

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 12/08/2003 04:38

Clean jeans? Pff... your too posh for me.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 12/08/2003 06:49

We only have two rules here at boxer towers: No white socks; No earrings..........oh, and.......no jeans, no short sleeves, no shorts , No, no ties.....dressing down day friday: Cufflinks optional, suit not..........no dirty shoes.........and nails.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Is the word "snotty" rude? - 13/08/2003 00:10

Well, you know... you're supposed to dress a step above what you would normally wear to the office. Most of the time I wear shorts and a t-shirt at work. And I rarely wear shoes in the office. If we were to have "casual Fridays", I'd be in a wifebeater and boxers.