Automatic renaming of mp3 files

Posted by: tarkie

Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 12:08

I've recently built a mythtv box to house my MP3's/pictures/games/yada-yada-yada, infact everything except the PVR bits

I've downloaded all my MP3's from my empeg using emplode, as I couldnt remember how you got jemplode to do it.

So, I've now got 50Gb's of my MP3's in a filename structure that needs resetting to Artist/album/trackname.mp3

Any suggestions on what software I can download to rejig the structure?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 12:12

MP3 Tag Studio will do this for you automatically if you are on a windows platform.

Re: Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 12:15

Paul, your a hero, I've been searching the archives but could not remember the name of that software!!!
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 12:45

One caveat... To do what you want to do, the files must be properly tagged. MP3 tag studio will sort and rename the files into a folder structure, yes, but only based on the tags.

Note that this does not mean that you edited the names in emplode. Emplode does not write to the tags. Click here for more information.

Re: Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 13:00

I rebuilt the format, based on the filenames, not the tags.

But fair warning Tony
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Automatic renaming of mp3 files - 15/08/2003 13:02

If the filenames have enough information in them, you can do a names-to-tags pass first, and when that's done, then you are free to have it re-do the names with the folder structure as part of the name.