reg setting to turn off activex warnings?

Posted by: RobotCaleb

reg setting to turn off activex warnings? - 28/08/2003 08:29

ive been tasked with the job of writing something that will grab current setting for activex warnings, change it, and then change it back when the program is done executing. where in the registry are these saved?
specifically the message that says "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?"
Posted by: tman

Re: reg setting to turn off activex warnings? - 28/08/2003 12:11

Dunno. But if it's in the registry then use RegMon.
May I ask what you're intending to do with it? Turning off the warning sounds very suspicious
Posted by: peter

Re: reg setting to turn off activex warnings? - 28/08/2003 12:13

May I ask what you're intending to do with it? Turning off the warning sounds very suspicious
Dude, if his program is running at high enough privilege to modify the registry, j00 are already 0wn3d.

Peter
Posted by: andym

Re: reg setting to turn off activex warnings? - 28/08/2003 12:21

Doesn't he work for the military? I'd be careful what you say...
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: reg setting to turn off activex warnings? - 28/08/2003 12:53

heh. i was waiting for the "well, i could tell you but its not ethical" speeches
weve a java script that needs to write to the disk every so often. wed prefer to not have it ask for permission each time. all this could be avoided if theyd give us a server to play with, but its all gotta be client side, and its all gotta be web based. boo-urns