Life goes on

Posted by: Laura

Life goes on - 23/09/2003 15:43

Even when you don't always want it to...........
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Life goes on - 23/09/2003 15:59

Please tell us what's up, Laura.

It's hard, worrying about someone when you don't even know exactly why you should be worrying.

Re: Life goes on - 23/09/2003 16:06

Sorry to worry you. Just a heart and soul forever torn apart and all of the hopes and dreams that died in the process. I'll live.
Posted by: Daria

Re: Life goes on - 23/09/2003 16:08

Even when you don't always want it to...........

I know what you mean. Sometimes you just get that unexpected smack in the face when you thought everything was ok, and you just want it to all go away.
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: Life goes on - 23/09/2003 16:16

I'm feelin' ya
Posted by: robricc

Re: Life goes on - 23/09/2003 18:11

Laura, It's really sad that such cold shit could happen to such a nice, thoughtful, and giving person. Hang in there. Hopefully everything will turn out for the better.
Posted by: muzza

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 05:27

While none of us can truely know what you are going through, we do care for you and we do understand.
We all want you for you
Posted by: drakino

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 13:57

Laura, just remember what I said at the last meet, better that you know now, instead of in the future.

Still sucks though, and I hope you find something to lift your spirits back up soon.
Posted by: Tim

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 16:27

For some of us it goes on, and on, and on, and on...

And then when you least expect it, you realize you are having fun again. Its weird how it happens. The pain never truly (sp?) disappears (sp again? The weather here sucks and it's affecting my brain), but it does subside quite a bit.

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 16:49

Yeah, once you get a serious scarring it's sort of like a legacy, it will be with you probably forever. Bloody unfortunate.

There was a time when I was an optimist.
Posted by: loren

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 17:03

Man, you guys are depressing my current optimism. Shhh!

Not that this will probably help, but it works for me... go out in nature. Go walk in the forest, or sit on the top of a mountain. Perspective is EVERYTHING.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 17:10

Perspective is EVERYTHING.
Agreed completely. But you have to be careful, some people can't handle perspective...

Re: Life goes on - 24/09/2003 20:05

If I had the time to go explore the world, it would help immensely.

Re: Life goes on - 25/09/2003 09:31

Explore your backyard or town then. I might be lucky living in the Bay Area where opportunities like that abound, but part of the whole deal is the search. And if there isn't time, MAKE time. If the lack of time has you so down, then do something about it. . . Take a sick day, dissappear. Do whatever is required. Your happiness is more important than whatever it is that's keeping you down. TMHO at least. I know it sounds like oversimplification, but it's only as complicated as you want to make it.

And next on Dr. Phil....

Re: Life goes on - 26/09/2003 16:23

I'm actually thinking that when my wife and rmitz go to Philadelphia on Sunday that I'm going to head somewhere with a laptop, a (radio) scanner, a camera, and watch trains and do work for the day.

Maybe that'll do it.

Re: Life goes on - 26/09/2003 16:36

I'm needing some nature right now real bad. heh. With my string of bad luck with cars it's amazing i haven't locked myself in a closet.
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: Life goes on - 26/09/2003 16:51

Its true is all Perspective, i can almost promiss everyone on this board and life has how down points, but you can always make them good. Technically I should be really down right now, but im in the best of moods. Keep yourself busy, hang out with friends, make soemthing. And for Loren, I would be more than happy to lock you in a closet.

Good luck, and if you need anything feel free to ask.

Re: Life goes on - 27/09/2003 17:49

I think that anyone as naive, stupid and trusting as I am should just stay out of relationships altogether. I'll stick with my cats.
Posted by: mschrag

Re: Life goes on - 27/09/2003 19:39

Nope -- you got it backwards ... it's the other guy who should stay out of relationships. You just need to find someone as "naive, stupid, and trusting" as you are and you'll be happy.
Posted by: Tim

Re: Life goes on - 29/09/2003 12:36

think that anyone as naive, stupid and trusting as I am should just stay out of relationships altogether. I'll stick with my cats.

Thats fine until the cats start taking advantage of you. Mine has developed the nasty habit of waking me up at 3am or so just because he is feeling neglected and wants to be petted.

Re: Life goes on - 29/09/2003 14:36

Yeah, my 7 month old kitten likes climbing on top of my head around 3-4 am for attention. It's usually kind of cute until he bites and pulls my hair.

Re: Life goes on - 29/09/2003 14:47

And speaking of that cute little kitten, he just knocked a ceramic tissue holder into the newly refinished bathtub (a $350 job) and made some scratches and nicks in it. It's a good thing he is cute
Posted by: ricin

Re: Life goes on - 29/09/2003 15:06

My cat chewed up my power cord for the laptop a few weeks ago. $60 to replace it. I have to lock him out of the computer room when I go in there because he likes to lay on the keyboard, sit in front of the monitor and attack the screen and of course, chew on wires. Typical cat.
Posted by: morrisdl

Re: Life goes on - 29/09/2003 15:55

I guessing it was the cord after the transformer, otherwise you would not have to worry about your cat doing that again ;-)
Posted by: rowitech

Re: Life goes on - 30/09/2003 05:52

After rain there's sunshine. I had much more rain in my life than I'd ever expect but now I have a different view at the sunshine. It seems to be brighter than ever...

Everyone get's his/her sunshine, sooner or later.
Here is mine ;-). Didn't expect but got my sunshine. And really not at least my little sunshine.

Rolf