~*File Share*~Post em here!

Posted by: EUROTECH

~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 15:26

Just curious,
what is everyone favorite P2P file-transfer(for music)? I.E.
-Blubster
-Kazaa
-Piolet
-E-Donkey
-Lime Wire
-Soul Seek
Etc......
Posted by: MHC

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 15:44

Kazaa Lite (or Kazaa++) for windows
Acquire for OSX
Posted by: zaeno

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 15:45

I prefer Soulseek becacuse of the Download Folder feature for getting full cds. However, It is a memory hog and does not download from more than one source.

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 15:50

There are just to many fakes(large blips/distortions throughout the songs) out on kazaa, it gets really annoying. Especially with newer songs!!

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 17:40

where can I download soulseek or aqualime? Anyone...
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 18:06

have you tried google?
Posted by: ricin

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 18:10

There's links to most of them on Zeropaid.
Posted by: rob

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 18:22

There are just to many fakes(large blips/distortions throughout the songs) out on kazaa

You could consider paying for music. Maybe you spent all your money on your empeg car player though.

Rob
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 19:03

WinMx
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 20:13

I remember when a thread like this would have gotten flamed...
Posted by: zaeno

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 20:49

http://www.slsknet.org/ for soulseek
Posted by: ninti

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 20:58

> I remember when a thread like this would have gotten flamed...

Indeed. You think maybe the tactics of the music industry over the last year or so have turned so many people off that few will bother to defend them anymore?
Posted by: mlord

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 22:27

Not that I really want two threads on this disgusting topic, but..

This forum is for general discussion pertaining to the EmpegCar/RioCar player and accessories. A topic like this, while not at all appropriate for this BBS, would be better suited to the "Off Topic" section, if anywhere.

-ml
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 10/10/2003 23:25

You think maybe the tactics of the music industry over the last year or so have turned so many people off that few will bother to defend them anymore?

The reprehensibility of the music industry's actions do not make infringing their copyrights any less illegal.
Posted by: Daria

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 11/10/2003 00:57

Funny thing, nobody selling Fleetwood Mac concert recordings from the 70s, or recordings from the shows in the last Led Zeppelin show, for instance.

Buying music is all fine and wonderful if someone is willing to sell it to you. I have a pile of it. Buy, rip, store. Now, where do I get the other stuff?
Posted by: ninti

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 11/10/2003 02:38

> The reprehensibility of the music industry's actions do not make infringing their copyrights any less illegal.

Never said it did, just that people may care less about it because of their actions.

In any case, I, and the original premise to which I responded to, appear to stand corrected.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: ~*File Share*~Post em here! - 11/10/2003 15:56

A topic like this, while not at all appropriate for this BBS, would be better suited to the "Off Topic" section, if anywhere.
Thread moved.

I would like to remind people that sharing links to pirated software or music is against the BBS guidelines.

Discussing "what is the best peer-to-peer software", while bordering on a gray area, is still fine as long as you stick to discussing the relative merits of software. If you wish to use this forum to tell the world that you use P2P software to pirate massive amounts of music, that's your own lookout, but you should expect to be given a hard time about it if you do.

I would venture a guess that most of the users on this particular BBS prefer to buy and rip their own CDs whenever possible, for the same reason I do: Much better quality control. In fact, I think we even did a poll to that effect once upon a time. Anyone have a link?