Woohoo!

Posted by: tonyc

Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 14:15

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/07/film.simpsons.movie.ap/index.html
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 14:30

The episode of "Inside The Actor's Studio" that had the Simpson's cast on it was particularly good.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 14:33

You guys are my favorite voice actors of all time!
Lipton's like the Riki Rachtman of movies.

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 14:49

Heh, agreed.

As Bitt told me in chat just now: "whaddaya suppose the "Inside the Actor's Studio"/"Headbangers' Ball" crossover demographic looks like?"

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 15:36

The episode of "Inside The Actor's Studio" that had the Simpson's cast on it was particularly good
And spooky. Julie Kavner disappeared in the middle of it. She must be one of those kooky voice actor types that's scared of the camera.

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 15:40

Yeah, I noticed Julie leaving, too. Dunno why. Those things are so heavily edited. I saw a jacket vanish off of Johnny Depp in mid-sentence.

(Talk about spooky, Johnny is spooky... Or maybe he was just stoned. I couldn't tell for sure...)
Posted by: djc

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 15:43

She must be one of those kooky voice actor types that's scared of the camera.
If so, it's a recent development.

Troy McClure sez: "You may remember her from such live-action shows as the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, and The Tracey Ullman Show"

--Dan.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 15:47

I can't help but remember the episode when they made the "Itchy and Scratchy Movie." They made it seem pretty certain that they would never make a movie

Anyway, it'll be very weird. I can't imagine how the show will carry over into a movie and not seem like a really long episode, which is the problem with a lot of TV show-based movies, IMO.
Posted by: DLF

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 18:10

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know.

Julie was *very* sick the day of the taping (like "I feel so bad, I think I may need to see a doctor ASAP" sick) and showed up for the beginning so it wouldn't look like she was dis-ing the group/show, but couldn' t make it all the way to the end.

Re: Woohoo! - 07/04/2004 19:28

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for the clarification.

Just curious, where'd you find that out? Is there a Simpsons gossip site I haven't found yet?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Woohoo! - 08/04/2004 10:33

She was never on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". Brenda didn't appear as a character until "Rhoda".
Posted by: djc

Re: Woohoo! - 08/04/2004 12:00

D'oh! Right you are. I thought she had been in an episode or two, but no...

--Dan.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Woohoo! - 08/04/2004 13:14

I hope they don't make a movie. Movies of TV shows seldom work and only end up being extended unfunny episodes.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Woohoo! - 09/04/2004 01:30

Three words: Starsky and Hutch.