Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD

Posted by: pgrzelak

Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 30/08/2004 20:32

Greetings!

I have been debating if I should post this or not. A very obscure piece of animation is finally making its way onto DVD. For those old enough to remember it, MTV ran a series of animation shorts titled "Liquid Television". One of the episodes featured a rather surrealistic work about a champion race car driver in a rather deadly race... It was directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri, and is finally being released on DVD in the near future.

I just thought I should let people know, in case they didn't already.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 30/08/2004 21:00

Liquid Television rocked!
Posted by: loren

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 30/08/2004 22:06

Ah, the hay days of MTV.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 30/08/2004 22:09

Quote:
Ah, the hay days of MTV.

As in, "Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a music-video channel" ?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 30/08/2004 23:11

Yeah, but what I really want is a "The Maxx" DVD.

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 31/08/2004 00:36

Remember when MTV2 used to play videos all the time?
Posted by: frog51

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 31/08/2004 05:49

And all those Bill Plimpton shorts - still see them occasionally. At least they do now have Weebl and Bob on pretty regularly, although mostly on MTV2.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 31/08/2004 08:47

"I could be helpful... Ah, screw it! I think I'll have some fun with them first!" - Mr. Gone.
Posted by: Skunk

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 31/08/2004 13:23

I still have the VHS "Neo Tokyo" which featured that short and I belive had some cool scenes that they cut out of the one aired on Liquid TV.

I still remember waiting for the Aeon Flux epesodes close to the ending of the program.

Didn't Beavis and Butthead get their start there? "Frog Ball !!!!!!"

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 31/08/2004 23:24

Aeon Flux is going to be a movie!
Posted by: ricin

Re: Obscure availability announcement: The Running Man on DVD - 01/09/2004 00:01

Yeah. I've been reading about it for a while.

I'm not going to comment on it in fear of jinxing it.