Silly US "car" link of the day

Posted by: andy

Silly US "car" link of the day - 20/09/2004 20:21

There must be a point where someone says "that is too big", surely ?

Your eyes don’t deceive you. It’s a pickup truck.

...is the ultimate toy for extreme work and play?

There is nothing on the road as bold, strong and tough as this truck...

Born out of a 20-ton hauler...

...it features a spacious interior with crew cab design that seats five...

...for people who want to make a statement while driving in luxury...

...it is as much a statement of success as it is performance...

...you get all the attributes of a commercial truck – but you don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive it...

Just crazy.

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/news/newsdetail.asp?id=595
Posted by: drakino

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 20/09/2004 20:27

Quote:
GVWR: 25,999 lbs. (Non-Commercial Drivers License applicable)

That makes it illegal to drive on a lot of Colorado roads.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 20/09/2004 20:29

It looks like the front end of an H2
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 20/09/2004 20:31

Ah, yes, the new 2004 Compensator...
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 20/09/2004 23:52

I hope it comes with a CB Radio so I can say "rabbit ears" and "hammer down" to the Rabid Child as I commute to work for that big executive meeting. I can't wait till the teamsters union finds a way to rip this to shreads.
Posted by: ninti

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 21/09/2004 02:53

Can you name the truck with four-wheel drive,
smells like a steak, and seats thirty-five?
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down.
It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown.
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Twelve yards long, two lanes wide,
sixty-five tons of American pride!
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Top of the line in utility sports,
unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!
Canyonero! Canyonero!
She blinds everybody with her super high-beams.
She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine.
Whoa, Canyonero! Whoa!
Posted by: Daria

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 21/09/2004 03:02

i have an mp3 of that on my player
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 21/09/2004 03:05

As do I.

They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house! I'm not made of stone!!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 21/09/2004 04:37

Quote:
There must be a point where someone says "that is too big", surely ?
Yes, there is. Many people say "that is too big" about most SUVs out there. The right question is "There must be a point where everyone says 'that is too big', surely?" and the answer to that is....

No.

Unfortunately.

I can't wait for the stretch limo version. You know there will be one eventually.
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 18:08

I don't think that's true. To state what is probably obvious, the SUV thing is a status-symbol fad. I think its already passing, actually. I also think that the International monstrosity is too late for the market and will be a huge flop.

My SO has a theory about the new status symbol for the 'burbs in America. I think she's on to something: rare (and pretentious) pure-breed dogs.

Yep.

Jim
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 18:10

Ah haaa haaaa haaa haa ha ha ha Aaaahhh ha ha ha ha hah ha haaaahhh AAAAAAAHHHHH ha ha ha ha ha ha HAAARRRGHH (Bonk)
Posted by: SuperQ

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 18:38

yep, I know two people with pure bread golden retrievers.. although, one of them is getting into breeding.. so I guess they don't count. (she's in the vet business already)
Posted by: trs24

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 19:01

"Remote Control For Tilting Pickup Bed"

To be honest, this kind of makes me want the thing. I got to see about getting a kit like that for my Fronty.

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 19:08

Anyone care to place a wager on which US celebrity purchases one first? My bet is on one or both of the Teutuls

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 19:19

You have a loose definition of "celebrity".

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 20:59

Really? I dunno... If I had a wildly popular tv show on the Discovery Channel about me, I'd probably consider myself a celebrity. Granted, a lot of people think they've already jumped the shark.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 21:32

I would like that show if it wern't for the "reality" show element. I think the construction parts are interesting but the bickering is way too annoying.

A bike is born (on one of those discovery channels I think) is much more entertaining.

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 21:39

If I'm reading these TV ratings correctly, assuming this report of 2.2 million viewers is accurate, that would put them about 271st out of 290 shows. Yeah, yeah -- I know it's not network TV, but still. I certainly wouldn't list any of the people in the shows in, say, the bottom third of that list "celebrities", much less the bottom tenth, and they're actually on networks people watch (well, and UPN, too).

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 27/09/2004 22:42

Quote:
I would like that show if it wern't for the "reality" show element. I think the construction parts are interesting but the bickering is way too annoying.

I tend to agree. The bikes they make are for the most part very cool, but I'm not a fan of the fighting. And now that they hired a supervisor simply because he fights with Paul Jr. just like Paul Sr. does, it has taken even more away from the show.
Posted by: JrFaust

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 30/09/2004 14:26

Quote:
Ah, yes, the new 2004 Compensator...

That’s a lot of compensation.
Posted by: loren

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 30/09/2004 14:54

This sort of brings up another example of... well i'm not quite sure what it's an example of but it annoys the [censored] out of me. Thanks to that show and the Jesse James show, I now see West Coast Choppers and Orange County Choppers stickers on every jacked up pickup truck i see... almost always together. They are the new Harley sticker, only worse, at least a probable majority of Harley sticker sporters own Harleys. What are you saying by putting that sticker on your car/truck? You'll never own one of their bikes, so that can't be it. It's like having a huge Nike swoosh on your back window, or a big Oakley O. If Confederate Motorcycles had a show i guess i'd be seeing those stickers everywhere. I don't get it. </rant>
Posted by: peter

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 30/09/2004 15:15

Quote:
Confederate Motorcycles

Advertising motorbikes with a TE Lawrence quotation? Have they not even seen the film?

Peter
Posted by: Redrum

Re: Silly US "car" link of the day - 30/09/2004 17:53

I really hate “mass stickeritis” as well. The one that really gets me is all these ribbon stickers. Where I live there everywhere. I guess it’s to support our troops or no doubt some good cause but why does every other car have to have one. I feel like we are all just a bunch of lemmings in shinny metal boxes. I just whish the first car would drive off a cliff and take the rest of the “me too’s” with them