Report a Stolen Empeg!?

Posted by: amerryman

Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 20/11/2004 21:46

My car was broken into yesterday, and I had my EMPEG stolen along with my radar detector.. is there somewhere I can report the unit stolen? I have the serial number: 090001014 and it is currently registered on the Empeg Registry site..

Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted by: amerryman

Re: Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 21/11/2004 17:57

bump.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 21/11/2004 18:42

Back in the old days, you used to send support an email with the serial number. But support isn't handled by the Cabridge folks any more, it's handled by Rob S. And with Rob V. no longer working in Cambridge, I don't know who's responsible for maintaining the list any more.

Before you ask, I can't divulge what gets done with the list without reducing its effectiveness, unfortunately.

Who maintains the list now? Can we get an official word on this, guys?
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 21/11/2004 19:43

Sorry to hear about the loss. Your install looked pretty cool too. This FAQ entry should help you a bit. There are other methods, and the most comprehensive way to find them would be to search the BBS for "stolen" to see what people have done. For instance, this post seems helpful for financial recovery. Good luck.
Posted by: rob

Re: Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 21/11/2004 21:19

Quote:
Who maintains the list now? Can we get an official word on this, guys?

Anyone at empeg towers can add a player easily enough. I'm not sure there's much point though.

Rob
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Report a Stolen Empeg!? - 22/11/2004 00:44

Would that be because there is no factory service anymore?

Is there a downside to publishing/maintaing that list on the RioCar website?