Supra mods

Posted by: pca

Supra mods - 23/11/2004 23:17

Well, today Rob and I finished the post-run-in service of the rebuild supra. It now goes like a rocket, sounds amazing, doesn't overheat, and drinks fuel

I even customised it with the addition of a specially designed and manufactured Thermal Management Switch Control Housing Unit (TMSCHU, or fan switch). We replaced the viscous fan with some electric ones, and rather than buy a special thermoswitch for the thing, I decided it was more fun to machine up an adaptor to take a standard one. So now he has a mysterious shiny bit in the upper radiator hose he can show off to other boy racers!

pca
Posted by: lastdan

Re: Supra mods - 23/11/2004 23:24

are you running power though the fan sender (switch) or triggering a relay with it?
whaler makes a 2 pin switch for mid80's vw that fires at 82c, and off at ~76c. imho it's the best switch.
quick to fail if it's powering the fan(s) directly.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 06:35

So where's the Supra Rebuild site, complete with photos, videos and pithy comments then, Rob?

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 12:06

The switch is driving a relay.

pca
Posted by: rob

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 19:22

Quote:
So where's the Supra Rebuild site, complete with photos, videos and pithy comments then, Rob?

There are a lot of photos to sort! I'll try to get to it soon.

Here's the adapter widget that the lathemeister knocked up:

Rob
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 19:26

What appears to be the other side of that is attached to his original post.
Posted by: rob

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 19:30

Actually the same side, but with the switch fitted. But I didn't notice it. Damn.

Rob

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 20:16

You know, if I'd machined it from dry ice I'd be a CO2 lather.

pca
Posted by: webroach

Re: Supra mods - 24/11/2004 21:37

Quote:
You know, if I'd machined it from dry ice I'd be a CO2 lather.

LMFAO.