Weird yahoo mail problem.....

Posted by: burdell1

Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 06/03/2005 15:12

It is kinda hard to explain, but on the homepage where it shows how many emails I have, it doesn't refresh. It shows how many e-mails I had before I deleted some of them, not the current amount. I have to click on the inbox several times before it gives me the correct amount of new messages. I tried deleting the cookies on my computer, but that didn't help. any ideas on what is going wrong or is anyone else having the same problem?
Posted by: tman

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 06/03/2005 15:43

Sounds like a problem with your web proxy or Yahoo itself.
Posted by: Heather

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 07/03/2005 01:36

I get the same thing, I just didn't care enough to bother pondering it. What do you expect for free?
Posted by: SteveH

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 07/03/2005 07:44

I use the Yahoo mail client since they took over the service provided by BT. If you use the back button on your browser you will alway get an incorrect listing of unread emails, but I guess you realised that anyway.

Which ISP are you using, they may have an 'invisible' web cache.

S

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 07/03/2005 12:44

I actually am paying for it since I wanted to use the pop mail. has it always done this with yours or did it just start?

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 12/03/2005 15:00

The ISP is Road Runner I believe.....

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 13/03/2005 14:53

Does anyone have a direct e-mail address for Yahoo help?

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 31/03/2005 23:17

i noticed a new thing that Yahoo is doing....before it gave you the option to scan an attachment for viruses...now it doesn't. Is everyone's like that? does anyone know of any way to contact Yahoo?
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 01/04/2005 00:38

Speculation:

Could it be that they have decided to scan for viruses without giving a choice?

Re: Weird yahoo mail problem..... - 01/04/2005 00:55

That's what I thought, but I have gotten e-mails that I know have viruses in them (because I have gotten them before and scanned them) and it doesn't clear them out.