Hear it roar!

Posted by: sn00p

Hear it roar! - 12/04/2005 15:14

Finally apple announce it! Tiger ships on the 29th April!

Yay!
Posted by: andy

Re: Hear it roar! - 12/04/2005 20:51

Damn, bought my Mac mini 7 days to early. Now I have to pay £90 instead of getting a free upgrade
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Hear it roar! - 13/04/2005 02:46

Will mac minis get the upgrade free too?
Posted by: drakino

Re: Hear it roar! - 13/04/2005 05:57

Any Mac bought April 12th or after gets Tiger for $9.95. You can get the upgrade here.

An interesting tidbit on the OS X page, Tiger is DVD only, with CDs available for $9.95 extra. It's about time some major software pushes DVD. It's a format 7 years old, and still so much software ships on multiple CDs instead of one DVD.
Posted by: andy

Re: Hear it roar! - 13/04/2005 06:11

I have my MSDN Universal subscription on DVD. It is great as it cuts the number of disks down to a manageable 20 rather than 67 !

It is a pain in the arse however when I turn up somewhere with the MSDN disks without my laptop, to find that all the machines have CD drives rather than DVD drives...
Posted by: sn00p

Re: Hear it roar! - 13/04/2005 08:39

Quote:
I have my MSDN Universal subscription on DVD. It is great as it cuts the number of disks down to a manageable 20 rather than 67 !

It is a pain in the arse however when I turn up somewhere with the MSDN disks without my laptop, to find that all the machines have CD drives rather than DVD drives...

I always enjoy flipping though MSDN discs trying to find the right disk - "ahh, here it is" shortly followed by "bugger, nope, it's the uzbekistan edition!"

I should have waited when I bought the powerbook, but I coulnd't resist!
Posted by: Roger

Re: Hear it roar! - 13/04/2005 10:23

Quote:
I always enjoy flipping though MSDN discs trying to find the right disk

FYI, the MSDN disc lookup page is here.