Song Identification

Posted by: Cybjorg

Song Identification - 16/04/2005 17:54

So I'm in the Apple store the other day and they had a song playing on the store's overhead sound system. Instead of asking the staff the name of the song and the artist that sings it, I decided to do some web research instead. Needless to say, I am coming up short.

Now Iet's play a game. I'm going to vaguely refer to a couple broken lyrics to a song, and we'll see who can come up with the answer.

The chorus goes something like this:

Everybody...something something something...united, whoah-ah whoah.

I know that's not much, but I thing the song is pretty popular these days. Oh, and it sounds kinda like Michael Jackson.

Thanks for any help.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Song Identification - 16/04/2005 18:07

Hum the tune and make an mp3 for us.

Re: Song Identification - 16/04/2005 18:11

Well, you really don't want me to sing, but it goes something like, "Everybody, hum hum hum and hum united, whoa-ah whoah."
Posted by: drakino

Re: Song Identification - 16/04/2005 21:14

Quote:
Instead of asking the staff the name of the song and the artist that sings it, I decided to do some web research instead.

Is this akin to the popular notion that guys won't ask for directions? :-)

Anyhow, you might have better luck if "Everyone" or "united" was part of the song title. Search the iTunes music store. Anything that might be it you can at least get a 30 second preview of.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Song Identification - 16/04/2005 23:29

Well I don't know the song, but based on a google search for the words "lyrics", "Everbody", and "united" I found the song
"Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior. I've never heard it, though- played it in iTunes and I guess it was sort of Michael Jackson.

Re: Song Identification - 16/04/2005 23:52

Quote:
"Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior

Good song!
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Song Identification - 17/04/2005 02:04

There's a fantastic flash video of that song done all 8-bit oldskool that's really a kick. I've got it here on my hard drive.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Song Identification - 17/04/2005 02:09

Available in these two locations, I *think*:

http://www.shynola.com/movies/j_s/moveyourfeet.mov

http://www.jhonny.org/video/moveyourfeet.mov

I didn't actually try downloading them, but I think those are two mirrors of the Move Your Feet video.

Nearly as earworm-ish as the Kenya and Badger videos.

Re: Song Identification - 17/04/2005 12:26

No doubt about it, that's the song he's looking for!
Posted by: tman

Re: Song Identification - 17/04/2005 12:43

Quote:
There's a fantastic flash video of that song done all 8-bit oldskool that's really a kick. I've got it here on my hard drive.

I think that IS the video for it. It had something similar for it when it was released. I can't remember if that is the exact one though.
Posted by: andym

Re: Song Identification - 17/04/2005 13:41

Yes, the video for the song did look it was rendered on a ZX Spectrum.

Re: Song Identification - 20/04/2005 20:19

Bingo. I knew it was only a matter of time. Thanks, Jeff.