Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software?

Posted by: visuvius

Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 17:03

I've been designated DJ for an upcoming party and I'm looking for a simple PC DJ program that will do the trick. I was just going to use Winamp or Windows Media Player cause I'm lazy but if there is something handy that anyone can recommend I'd like to give it a try. I quick search revealed about a million different programs, most of which seem to do way more than I need.

Thanks.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 17:22

Mixxx (http://mixxx.sourceforge.net/) is pretty neat.
Posted by: andym

Re: Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 17:26

It's naughty but find a copy of BPM studio by Alcatech on your favorite p2p. Kicks the living sh*t out of everything else, even I can beatmix with it.
Posted by: andym

Re: Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 17:29

If you do go with Mixx, this tutorial looks good.
Posted by: visuvius

Re: Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 18:05

Ha ha, thanks. I'll try to look for that. About to set up Mixx right now...

oO. That tutorial also mentions setting up a private internet radio station which I've been interested in pursuing. Just something simple so 3 or 4 of my friends that are in cubicles all day can tune into whatever I'm playing. Sweet.
Posted by: DWallach

Re: Recommendations for Virtual DJ Software? - 26/08/2005 21:06

In the past, I've DJed with iTunes (playing to my laptop's internal sound) for cuing and searching, and WinAmp (playing to a USB sound gizmo) for the house. You can drag and drop from iTunes to the WinAmp playlist and all the right things happen. Mixxx looks exceptionally cool, however. I intend to investigate that right away.