Split with girlfriend

Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 19:45

And feeling soo bad. 2 bottles of wine later and I feel no better. I thought she was the one for me so how could it go so wrong?

Sorry but had to tell someone. Just want to curl up and die
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 19:52

Dude. Because you were concerned about her blood pressure?

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 19:55

Her blood pressire, her job, her overpowering mother/grandmother. Its just all got too much. I tried to help her but the stress just got to me and i can't handle it
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 21:27

You have my sympathies.

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 21:32

Thanks Tony. Means a lot
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 21:36

Yeah. My sympathies, too. Didn't mean to be so direct before.
Posted by: Robotic

Re: Split with girlfriend - 31/08/2005 22:29

That's a tough situation to deal with.
It's often that part of our attraction is based on the feeling that we can help the other to grow and flourish. Failure in that effort is a guilt trap.
The reality is that it is very hard to change people and/or their situation. Don't feel guilty for failing an impossible task- feel good for having tried and done what you could.
You have my sympathies, too.
Posted by: DWallach

Re: Split with girlfriend - 01/09/2005 03:35

Hang in there. Get out and spend some time with friends. Companionship is much better for you than two bottles of wine.
Posted by: pca

Re: Split with girlfriend - 01/09/2005 09:18

Also cheaper and produces less of a hangover

Sorry to hear about it.

pca
Posted by: Laura

Re: Split with girlfriend - 01/09/2005 12:36

Sorry for you. All I can say is love sucks but hang in there, time helps to deaden the pain somewhat. Hang with friends and try not to be alone much.
Posted by: andym

Re: Split with girlfriend - 01/09/2005 15:28

Don't whatever you do try to get over it by throwing yourself into your job, my boss tried that and it just made things worse, a lot worse. Hang out with your mates/family and just ride it out.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Split with girlfriend - 01/09/2005 17:35

Aw, sorry to hear this, man. I can only agree with other posters here - spend time with people close to you. Rehash the things with the best friend (acting in the capacity of psychiatrist) if it makes you feel better, or, on the contrary, enjoy your favourite pastimes.

I don't know whether I should say this, but I know more than one happy couple who had a temporary split somewhere relatively early in their relationship...

Hang on!