Very Funny Video

Posted by: Attack

Very Funny Video - 02/09/2005 12:46

My boss just showed me this video and I just had to share it with you guys.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Very Funny Video - 02/09/2005 22:02

OMG ROFLMAO
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Very Funny Video - 03/09/2005 03:38

Agreed. That was fantastic. It's bizarre seeing their faces!
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Very Funny Video - 03/09/2005 16:04

Excellent! 5 points if you can tell me the series and role that launched Nick Tate!
Posted by: Geoff

Re: Very Funny Video - 03/09/2005 22:45

Well, I remember him in Space 1999, but he was in another Gerry Anderson one-off called 'Into Infinity' or something...

Of course, I was very, very young at the time

I never knew he did voiceover work until I saw that clip
Posted by: andy

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 05:43

He was also in Dixon of Dock Green, but that was before my time.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 10:55

Well, 10 and 5 points respectively! Good men, glad to know I'm not the only afficionados here.

Co-incidentally: today is the 30th anniversary of the beginning of shooting on Space:1999, and the Fanderson fan club is running a special party at Pinewood studios where it was made. It's also the 40th anniversary of Thunderbirds in three weeks time, with a big convention at the Moat House hotel, Slough.

And for others: the second series of New Captain Scarlet started again yesterday on ITV.
Posted by: tahir

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 11:13

Quote:
He was also in Dixon of Dock Green, but that was before my time.

They've just done a new series of that on Radio 4
Posted by: andy

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 15:03

Quote:

They've just done a new series of that on Radio 4

Yeah, I've never seen the TV show, but I quite enjoyed the radio version.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 17:37

Quote:
Yeah, I've never seen the TV show

Oh Dear, I remember being sat down for the first episode, at that time television closed down after the end of children's television and started again at around 7.00: "To give receivers/transmitters a chance to cool down".
Mysteriously, they no longer needed to cool down once the beeb had to compete with ITV, ushering in the golden age of Highway Patrol and Dragnet and latterly, 77 Sunset strip, whirlybirds, Cannonball etc..
Up until that time we had had sit coms like "I love Lucy", but no crime. Often the whole of saturday night on BBC before '55 was: "In Town Tonight" interviewing stars and personalities who were just that, followed by "Saturday Night Out" where television crews sat in a fire station all night waiting for an alarm call, or receiving the first TV pic. from Calais.
Posted by: andym

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 18:17

Quote:
"To give receivers/transmitters a chance to cool down"

Hmm I'm sure, it was probably just to give the engineers time to make tea or have a nap in the control room.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 19:20

Quote:
it was probably just to give the engineers time to make tea

Of course, but you wouldn't question it in the HT/LT valve age, where both your "wireless" and TV smelt pretty hair-raising after a few minutes. Interesting thought, maybe we didn't need central heating before the transistor age!
Posted by: andym

Re: Very Funny Video - 04/09/2005 20:03

and all of this in an age where equipment cooling fans were almost unheard of.