Happy Birthday, andym!

Posted by: Shonky

Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 02:58

You'll know what I mean when you start your empeg today.....
Posted by: andym

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 07:53

Oh wow, I don't know what to say..... my birthday is on the 14th of Feb. Where did that come from?

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 08:13

Interesting. Perhaps my empeg clock is wrong.... (runs out to car to check). Nup. Clock is about 5 minutes fast but it's correctly 23/9/05. I've seen it 3 times today.

Is there another andym?
Posted by: Taym

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 10:55

My Empeg says so too. Well, Happy Birthday in advance, then!
Posted by: andym

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 13:05

Thanks, as I always say it's the thought that counts.

The only other andy I can think of is andy, but according to his profile, it's not his birthday either.
Posted by: Geoff

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 23/09/2005 13:40

Closest thing I can come up with linking Andy to a birthday on 23rd September is this thread from last year! And that's only because he posted to it!
Posted by: boxer

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 24/09/2005 08:29

Quote:

If: Bruce springsteen, Julio Inglesias, Ray Charles, John Coltrane have, or had, an Empeg, they'd be really bucked!

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 24/09/2005 08:36

Quote:
Quote:

If: Bruce springsteen, Julio Inglesias, Ray Charles, John Coltrane have, or had, an Empeg, they'd be really bucked!

Boxer has obviously figured it out...
Posted by: DixieIand

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 07/04/2008 14:54

Not to dredge up a really old thread... but maybe my empeg is behaving super-strange. It's nowhere near Sept. 23rd, but everytime my empeg boots it now says a "happy birthday" message to someone different each time. It doesn't affect the functionality, but is just getting mildly annoying.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 07/04/2008 17:51

My player's backup clock is super-iffy too. Constantly going wonky and messing up the date and time.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Happy Birthday, andym! - 07/04/2008 17:54

Speaking of that....

Mark,

For those of us whose player clock is wonky and we don't care and just don't use any of the clock functions, is there a config.ini option to disable the hijack "special anniversaries" popups?