RC Helicopter Videos

Posted by: pedrohoon

RC Helicopter Videos - 06/12/2005 13:23

For anyone who is into RC helis, check out this movie or try this one (11.9MB)
Posted by: mlord

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 06/12/2005 14:21

Old news, previously posted here somewhere. But fun.
Posted by: Neutrino

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 07/12/2005 04:03

Thanks for the post. I had not seen this before. All I can say is "WoW!".
That is quite amazing. I spent about a year learning to fly a RC heli. This was back before the computerized transmitters. I spent a small fortune on tail booms and rotor blade before I got it down to the point I could fly around in a "normal" fashion. That was as good as it got. That movie is amazing! I had no idea that a heli could even do that.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 08/12/2005 11:34

Be sure to take some motion-sickness pills before trying it in a real chopper.
Posted by: Cris

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 08/12/2005 19:18

Nice video!

There are some guys that fly like that down at our club. Although lately I haven't been able to go down much (at all!). Impressive the first time, but all they are really doing is not crashing, I personally still find one of the older guys flying a scale model with total control much more impressive. They are able to mimic the exact movements of the real thing.

I never really got beyond a steady hover myself, and I now find myself doing much more "interesting" things on a Sunday afternoon now I have a woman. Please note the GF lurks here, some of you may remember her from Euro meet 2004? (Howdy there ).

And having a big old house sucking all the money out of the bank, which used to be spent on repairing crashes, doesn't help either.

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: andym

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 08/12/2005 21:29

Quote:
and I now find myself doing much more "interesting" things on a Sunday afternoon now I have a woman

How does it compare to flying a model helicopter? I assume a certain amount of skill, co-ordination and timing is still required?
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 08/12/2005 21:34

To go to the supermarket? I suppose he'd need those, yes.
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: RC Helicopter Videos - 09/12/2005 00:03

No, to earn the extra money.