So... CES?

Posted by: adavidw

So... CES? - 31/12/2005 21:10

Anyone going to CES this year? Any cool things to see there?

More pointedly, will any electronics companies be displaying any products based on a certain chip supplier's new ARM-based SOC and its corresponding SDK?
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: So... CES? - 31/12/2005 21:58

Did you see that Hugo will be there? That should be really cool to see!

I'm throwing a small LAN party next weekend, so I won't be able to go. I've been trying to convince my friends ever since Camelot that we needed to get to CES, especially as it is only a 6 hour drive from here. Maybe next year...
Posted by: adavidw

Re: So... CES? - 31/12/2005 23:08

Quote:
Did you see that Hugo will be there?

Yeah, I forgot he posted that. That is indeed cool. What I'm really hoping for, though, is for someone to actually show a finished product that they intend to ship later this year. Something that I can actually buy.

If I wanted to see unreleased Rio products, I could just open my desk drawer and...

I mean, nevermind.

Nothing to see here.
Posted by: gbeer

Re: So... CES? - 31/12/2005 23:54

Quote:

I mean, nevermind. Nothing to see here.

Those old Jedi mind tricks don't work any more.
Posted by: altman

Re: So... CES? - 01/01/2006 11:22

I'll be there from Wednesday evening to Sunday evening (whereupon I'm off to the Cupertino office for a few days). ISTR that Saturday night is a "company dinner" (hopefully followed by "company drinking" ) but I'm sure some beers/chernobyl's at Red Square can probably be worked out if anyone is around (and I can definitely bring the aforementioned toy along)

Alternatively, if past visits run true to form, I'll be in the Duke of Edinburgh pub, Cupertino, for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday nights - only 5 minutes walk from my hotel and they serve Strongbow - a true sign of a civilised pub.

Hugo
Posted by: loren

Re: So... CES? - 01/01/2006 16:40

Mini-empeg meet time in Cupertino!

Re: So... CES? - 01/01/2006 17:08

Any idea what day then? I'll SMS zandr

Hugo
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: So... CES? - 01/01/2006 22:17

I'll be there, any day works for me. I'm most likely going skiing that weekend, but I should be back by sunday.

Matthew

Re: So... CES? - 02/01/2006 09:58

A friend offered me somewhere to stay in Telluride this coming weekend - pity it wasn't the following one as I don't think I can duck out of half of CES without anyone noticing

Where are you going skiing?

Hugo
Posted by: n6mod

Re: So... CES? - 02/01/2006 21:49

SMS received.

I can be there any/all of those evenings.

-Zandr
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: So... CES? - 03/01/2006 15:17

Quote:
Where are you going skiing?

My girlfriend and I usualy go to Heavenly in Tahoe. This is only my seccond season skiing, so I'm still learning but she's patient. Unfortunatly we've both got to work till thursday, because it looks like conditions up there are beautiful.

So it seems there aren't any opinions about the day? Perhaps we should post a note in the main forum?

Matthew

Re: So... CES? - 03/01/2006 15:44

Hugo, are you saying there's a chance you want to head up to Tahoe? I'm planning on going up this coming weekend and whenever conditions allow... could drive up Sunday/Monday/Tuesday....

I'm in New Hampshire/Boston area right now but will be back in SF on the 5th.
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: So... CES? - 03/01/2006 19:26

Quote:

I'm in New Hampshire/Boston area right now but will be back in SF on the 5th.

heh. Wish I could have returned the hospitality favor. If you're in Boston let me know!

Re: So... CES? - 05/01/2006 03:35

Doh! Wish I would have read this earlier. Today is the only free day I've had and we went and saw Syriana. Would have much rathered hanging out. Bummer man. Next time I'm here I'll definitely remember to look you up!
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: So... CES? - 05/01/2006 14:45

cool man. anytime.