Interuption in reboot of computer.

Posted by: burdell1

Interuption in reboot of computer. - 08/04/2006 11:36

Even since I got the new motherboard and processor for my computer, when I reboot the computer after the Intel splash screen that comes up right away, my computer would pause and show a screen that details what hardware is hooked up (ex. hard drives, etc.) I would have to hit F4 to continue then it would finish the bootup process. It seems like something that should only happen once if I changed hard drives or something, but it happens every time. It is more of an annoyance than anything, which is why i haven't tried to figure it out until now. What might be causing this? I looked in the BIOS and didn't see anything that would cause it to interupt the boot up process. The motherboard is an Intel (I am not sure which one) and the processor is an Intel 4 3.4 (i believe it is a 950, but not certain.)
Posted by: mlord

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 08/04/2006 12:56

Just go into the BIOS setup (hit F2 or DEL or ??? after reset/poweron), and see if it has an option to change that default misbehaviour.
Posted by: peter

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 08/04/2006 13:54

Quote:
It seems like something that should only happen once if I changed hard drives or something, but it happens every time.

Is there any reason it might think stuff has changed? Is your motherboard battery OK? (Does the BIOS's idea of the time stay correct?) Did you leave the "Reset BIOS settings" jumper jumpered?

Peter
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 08/04/2006 19:33

Newer Phoenix/Award/AMI BIOS often have a few options at the very bottom of the second or third menu regarding the splash screen. "Show EPA logo", etc. Yours might have an option to disable the Intel screen and skip the F4, but I'm not as familiar with Intel boards/chipsets/BIOS.

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 19:03

i got it to skip the intel splash screen, but the next screen (which shows the F4 thing) still pops up. any other ideas?
Posted by: ricin

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 19:54

Are you sure there are no errors on that screen?

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 22:46

Does anyone know of a program (or a website) that will scan your computer and tell you what model of processor, motherboard, graphics card, etc. that you have?
Posted by: robricc

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 23:28

WCPUID will show you most/all of this info.

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 23:32

It might be a little overkill for what you're asking, but SiSoftware Sandra is what I've used in the past.

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 10/04/2006 23:40

Ahh, yes, WCPUID too.
More to the point.
Posted by: andy

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 11/04/2006 03:42

AIDA32 can be useful too, if your machine isn't too new (as development stopped some time ago now).
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 14/04/2006 01:32

Kind of a silly question but...

Does this MB have a KB and mouse attached, in the places where it expects them to be?

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 15/04/2006 01:08

that is definitely not a silly question....the mouse is, but the keyboard is usb...i will try unplugging it and see what happens.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Interuption in reboot of computer. - 15/04/2006 22:47

Maybe the setting for "legacy USB keyboard" has something to do with it. Do you have a USB->PS/2 converter to try? Probably not the problem though.