empeg RSS

Posted by: Dignan

empeg RSS - 12/04/2006 16:32

Has anyone been using the empeg BBS RSS feeds? I can't seem to get them to operate correctly. Granted, my RSS viewer isn't the best, most dedicated one, but I like Protopage a lot and it seems to work on many other feeds I've tried.

Basically what happens is that after I put in the link, and Protopage grabs the feed, I end up with a bunch of really old threads, and I don't get any new ones. Is anyone else getting the same thing?

*edit*
And does anyone know of a good RSS reader for Palm? I've got a Treo 600 (w/ unlimited data - yes!) and would love to get feeds on it.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: empeg RSS - 12/04/2006 17:14

All of the available RSS readers for Palm suck. mRSS is the closest thing to acceptable and it regularly crashes my Treo 650. If they ever updated it, I might consider trying it again.

NewsGator is allegedly working on a J2ME based RSS reader that syncs with their RSS service, but it's not out yet.
Posted by: ricin

Re: empeg RSS - 12/04/2006 21:06

Quote:
Basically what happens is that after I put in the link, and Protopage grabs the feed, I end up with a bunch of really old threads, and I don't get any new ones. Is anyone else getting the same thing?

That is because you're not logged in from that location.

Edit:

Or...maybe not. I'm seeing this in the RSS:
<!-- RSS generation done by UBB.threads(tm) on 06/11/2005 13:09 -->

Is it not generating the updated RSS anymore?
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: empeg RSS - 15/04/2006 22:37

According to the Treonauts Top 100 Treo Software List, the recommended RSS reader is Quick News. I've never used it though, so that's all I can help.