Need some PC RAM... got any?

Posted by: loren

Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 15:56

Before I spend more money I don't have... I figured I'd ask. Does anyone have a spare stick of DDR PC2700 RAM laying around (I think PC3200 would work too) they'd let go cheap? I'm trying to do some freelance animation for Tell Tale and my PC is bogging down seriously 'cause it's swapping so much. I need at least a 512, but a GB stick would be amazing. I can pay a reasonable amount for it!

• CL=2.5
• UNBUFFERED
• NON-ECC
• DDR333
• 2.5V

Just tryin' to save a little cash.
Posted by: phi144

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 16:01

Loren,

I have all types of RAM hanging about. I'll see what I have around.
Posted by: julf

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 16:17

Quote:
I have all types of RAM hanging about. I'll see what I have around.

As you are looking, in case you come across any old PC133 RAM, I would be interested (got a bunch of really cheap old PC:s, and realized expanding the RAM is going to cost twice what the PC:s cost)...

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 16:17

No dice. Sorry.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 16:23

Quote:
in case you come across any old PC133 RAM

You're in luck Julf. I've got a pair of 512Mb sticks on a motherboard that I just decommissioned. In fact, you can have the board and CPU as well if you want. It's an Asus A7V with a 900MHz Athlon on it.

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 16:32

Sorry,

I have none. Someone must have done some cleanup.
Posted by: ricin

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 01/05/2006 19:26

I can't help Loren, but I'd like to use this opportunity to jump in and ask for RAM too.

I'm looking for 3x 128M ECC Buffered PC100 sticks; at least one, anyway. I'll pay a reasonable amount for them; I just don't want to pay the ridiculous prices I'm seeing from price searching.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 01:16

I just don't want to pay the ridiculous prices I'm seeing from price searching.

Oh, you youngsters!

I remember when I waited for prices to come down to $50 per megabyte (yes, MEGABYTE! so I could upgrade my 386 Gateway from 4 MB to 8 MB RAM.

tanstaafl.

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 02:04

Oh, I remember those sorts of prices too.

I'm just looking for a deal. The RAM for this machine is outdated, harder to find, and therefore tends to be more expensive. :/
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 15:55

Donato, are you in a rush for this memory? I have some servers that will be going bye bye and I'd say some of them do have RAM of that type in it.

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 17:11

Quote:
You're in luck Julf. I've got a pair of 512Mb sticks on a motherboard that I just decommissioned. In fact, you can have the board and CPU as well if you want. It's an Asus A7V with a 900MHz Athlon on it.

Great! Actually, i could probably use the board as well, so we just need to work out the logistics and compensation

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 18:48

Awesome. No rush at all. I'd appreciate anything you could send. I'll at least cover shipping if you don't want anything for them.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 02/05/2006 19:28

Quote:
Great! Actually, i could probably use the board as well, so we just need to work out the logistics and compensation

I can post the RAM to you sooner, but if you're prepared to wait that long, I can just bring it all along to the 2006 Meet.

Sorry for the thread hijack Loren...

Re: Need some PC RAM... got any? - 04/05/2006 05:48

Quote:

I can post the RAM to you sooner, but if you're prepared to wait that long, I can just bring it all along to the 2006 Meet.

I think I am OK with waiting - if not, I'll PM you. Thanks again!